Thule Hitch Ski/Snowboard Carrier
Thule Hitch Ski/Snowboard Carrier – carries up to 6 skis or 4 snowboards
The Thule Hitch Ski/Snowboard Carrier converts the Thule Revolver, Ridgeline, Roadway, Parkway, and Spare Me bike carriers into a ski rack. The Thule Hitch Carrier has been recently redesigned to accommodate skis with thicker binding systems, fatter skis, and all snowboards.
The carrier’s rubber arms grip and hold your skis (without scratching your skis or snowboards) while you tighten the locking arm. Plus you can keep your skis safe while you travel with Thule’s One-Key locking dials.
Hitch racks are easier to load than roof racks but they make it difficult to access your trunk or hatch. They also tend to be super expensive. Hitch racks offer less protection for your skis than roof racks – skis can end up all dirty from road slush and dinged from rocks or ice chunks in the road.
- Converts Revolver, Ridgeline, Roadway, Parkway and Spare Me carriers to ski carriers, sold separately
- New design accommodates skis with plate bindings and all snowboard designs
- Carries skis and boards upright for maximum capacity
- Non-marring rubber padding
- 4 rubber straps included
- Requires minimal assembly/installation
- Transports up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Locks included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you already have a hitch bike rack purchasing the Thule Hitch Ski/Snowboard Carrier makes sense. If you don’t, you might be better off going with a roof rack system like Thule’s Universal Pull Top Ski Mount since the hitch rack is $200 on top of a $300 bike system.
Don’t know how to choose the best ski or snowboard rack? Check out our guide on how to choose the best ski rack.