The North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket – Extreme ski and snowboard jacket.
There are plenty of well designed ski and snowboard jackets out on the market. You can find a snowboard jacket for just about any type boarding from occasional use to regular backcountry boarding. I’m not trying to say that any of these jackets are poorly made, but many of them don’t poses all the features one would need for backcountry snowboarding in extreme conditions. If you need a jacket that can out perform your run of the mill snowboarding and ski jacket, then the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket might be what you are looking for.
One of the things I found the most useful on the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket was the three zip ventilation system on the front of the jacket. Because the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket is a pullover style jacket it can get pretty toasty inside. And lets face it, who wants to have to take off all their gear to cool down? The North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket lets you unzip the front of the jacket to cool yourself as needed.
Another small feature I really like about the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket is that it is machine washable. So many weather protection type jackets can’t be safely washed in a washing machine, making it hard to keep them in peak condition. The North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket however is made with washing machine safe materials and fabrics.
The quick & dirty:
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Durafaille nylon shell, with HyVent coating and taped critical seams, offers waterproof, breathable protection and exceptional durability
- Heavy-duty Cordura nylon panels with HyVent coating reinforce high-wear areas; shoulders are slightly padded for protection
- Nylon taffeta lining wicks moisture away from body and dries quickly to help regulate core temperature
- Three-zip front ventilation system lets you open jacket to allow a precise amount of airflow to your core as needed
- Attached storm hood exits collar for on-demand protection; drawcord sides and adjustable rear volume provide customized fit and peripheral visibility
- Pit zipper vents allow airflow during aerobic activity or on warm days
- Interior chest pocket accommodates small personal items; low, center divided pocket offers easy access to multi-tools and keys
- Chamois-lined mid-chest pocket protects delicate items like your sunglasses; features upper chest divided pocket and two hand pockets for accessories
- All pockets except interior are secured with zippers and long pulls for easy access with gloves on
- Soft polyester tricot-lined collar and chin guard protect face from abrasion and manage excess moisture
- Adjustable rip-and-stick closure cuffs and drawcord hem seal out the elements and help retain warmth
- Nylon webbing daisy chains sewn horizontally at shoulders let you attach accessories
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Make no mistake about it, the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket is a serious jacket for winter sport activities. No mater what your winter sport of choice is, the North Face Steep Tech Work Shell Jacket will help keep you comfortable while you do it, even in the most extreme of conditions.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: