Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent
Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent – A three person tent.
Whoever said threes a crowd must not have been a backpacker. I think that having three people to go backpacking with is the perfect number. That way you don’t have to worry about getting on the other guys nerves. With three backpacking buddies, you can always just go hang out with the other guy if someone gets on your nerves. Whats the point of this threesome mumo jumbo? The point is if you enjoy three backpacking buddies, you may also enjoy the Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent.
The Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent wasn’t designed to just be a tent that could hold three people. A lot of thought went into make sure that three tents mates could stay comfortable in it. One such feature that helps to accomplish this is the double doors. The Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent has door on each side of the tent so only the guy in the middle has to crawl over someone to get out.
Another nice feature of the Sierra Designs Tengu 3 Tent is that it sets up super fast. It has a reesigned hub system that makes setup go faster than ever in any kind of weather. This means all thre of you can get the tent setup and inside before the weather really goes south.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Tengu offers three backpackers nice elbow room, two doors for easy entry and one large poled vestibule for storing gear
- External Pitch feature makes the Tengu a premier choice when camping in the rain; poles attach to the outside of the rainfly to ensure dry shelter
- DAC Featherlight NSL poles, Reverse Combi Technology (RCT) Swift Clips and a swivel hub add to a light, easily pitched, strong structure
- Reverse combi-poles combine varying diameter pole sections to capitalize on strength, weight savings and headroom
- RCT Swift Clips work in conjunction with reverse combi-poles for a fast and easy pitch—especially effective in high winds
- Redesigned with a wide angle of rotation, Quick Pitch Swivel Hub with H-Clip locks poles in place for increased strength
- Color-coded webbing makes pitching this tent easier than making your bed!
- Stash Doors™ open from the side or bottom and store out of the way in internal pockets
- Welded Sew-Free Windows™ in rainfly are tougher and more waterproof than sewn-and-sealed versions
- Reflective guyout loops enhance night visibility; reflective noiseless zipper pulls are easy to see and eliminate that annoying jingle when it’s windy
- A multitude of gear pockets keep gear organized and off the floor
- FastPack option allows poles, rainfly and footprint (sold separately) to be used without the tent body to create an extremely light shelter
- PVC-free seam tape reduces the environmental impact of manufacturing this tent
SuperSeal Floor combines the benefits of catenary and bathtub floors; raised side seams are taped for complete waterproofness
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Aside from being a nice three person tent, I really like well designed the new hub system is. It really promotes fast setup under just about any condition. The color coding webbing makes setup a breeze even in setting it up for the first time in the dark.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: