Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes
Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes – Great cross trainers.
In my search for a good pair of trail running shoes that I can use in the gym as well, I came across the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes. I am no professional trail runner or personal trainer, but the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes seem to have a lot of the features I was looking for in a pair of trail running shoes. What I was looking for was a pair of shoes that could offer me the protection and breathability I needed for the trail, but would still perform well at the gym. The Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes seem like they can all of that.
I am notsure how well the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes would perform for serious trail runners, but they seem to have a majority of the features I would need. The breathability feature is certainly there, but I am not sure there is enough protection for those who do serious trails. To help keep your feet dry and comfortable, the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes sport mesh uppers and nylon moisture wicking linings.
As far as the gym goes, I think the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes would do really well. The problem with some serious trail running shoes is that they can be a bit stiff and sometimes have way to much grip for the gym. The Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes seem to be a lot more flexible. This probably has a lot to do with their lightwieght and synthetic leather uppers. The grip on the bottom of the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes feature a lightwieght sole that has just the right amount of grip for trail and gym.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Lightweight and highly breathable, the ripstop nylon mesh uppers feature synthetic leather overlays for structure and durability; Arch Locks supply a snug fit midfoot
- Nylon linings breathe well, wick moisture and dry quickly to keep your feet cool and comfortable
- Gusseted tongues keep trail debris out; uppers are compatible with gaiters for increased protection, sold separately
- Heel ProGrid units offer transition from foam at heel to foam under forefoot, delivering excellent response to your stride
- Molded thermoplastic urethane arch shanks provide torsional rigidity
- Dual-density EVA midsoles are lightweight and durable, and maximize rebound
- Special impact zones isolate and cushion heel and forefoot impact, and reduce shock while setting foot for a smooth transition
- Vibram rubber outsoles provide lightweight performance without compromising on grip or stability
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
As I said before, I am not a professional trail runner, so I cant say how well the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes perform on rough runs. From what I can tell they aren’t really made for serious trail running, but more so for running on simple trails. But, if you want a pair of running shoes that can handle a variety of terrain and keep you comfortable, the Saucony ProGrid Xodus Trail-Running Shoes might be perfect.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: