Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket
Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket – A light windbreaker jacket.
Wind breakers and light weight shells make a great addition to any pack. You would be surprised how much difference wearing a good wind breaker can make as far as keeping you warm goes. In my opinion, good wind breakers pick up where fleeces stop. A goof fleece can offer you warmth, but does little against wind and rain. Throw a wind breaker like the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket – Men’s on top of your fleece and you are ready for all sorts of windy and chilly weather. The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket – Men’s might not be the most expensive wind breaker jacket on the market, but thats not due to poor construction by any means.
The problem with a lot of the really good wind breaker and soft shell jackets on the markets these days is that they can be pretty expensive. Some of the ones I have reviewed here on Travel Gear Blog have been upwards of $300. That may be a small investment for serious outdoor enthusiasts, but for the recreational backpacker, that can be a bit much. That’s where the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket – Men’s comes in to play. With a price tag of only around $120 bucks, it can be a great alternative for the recreation backpacker.
The Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket makes a nice addition to a fleece jacket because of the protection it offers that fleece jackets can not. The outside of teh Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket is made up of a durable and water resistant material. The water repellent finish on the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket means you don’t have to worry too much about light rain or snow. The outer layer is also extremely abrasion resistant making it perfect for climbing, scrambling, or off trail explorations.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Ferrosi’s abrasion resistance and water-repellent finish afford the kind of protection that’s needed in changing conditions in alpine environments
- Stretch-woven ripstop fabric is breathable and comfortable; shoulder fabric is extra durable
- Durable, breathable, soft shell stretch fabric shoulders; 88% Cordura/12% Lycra with a DWR finish
- Abrasion and wind-resistant, stretch-woven ripstop nylon/Spandex body and cuff panels
- Durable Water Repellent finish fends off light rain showers and snow
- Attached adjustable hood
- Front zipper is off set at the neck for comfort; chin guard protects against zipper abrasion
- Drawcord hem; half-elastic cuffs
- Zippered hand and and chest pockets
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
As I said before, the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket might not be the most impressive wind breaker, soft shell style jacket on the market. But, for the price, it is hard to pass up. If you constantly find your self eyeing the more expensive soft shell jackets, but can’t bring your self to shell out that much money, the Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoodie Jacket might be just what you want.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: