Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket
Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket – Value priced, but not value design.
A great rain jacket as an essential piece of gear. One you should always have in your pack. A quality rain jacket isn’t something you should skimp on when it comes to price. This is a piece of gear where you really get what you pay for. Unfortunately, a good rain jacket can cost a good bit of money. It is this reason that makes the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket quite attractive. I have yet to see another rain jacket of this quality with such a low price tag. It is pretty uncommon to see.
The Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket isn’t the toughest or most durable rain jacket out there, but it isn’t designed to be. The Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket is designed to be a lightwieght rain jacket that dosen’t skimp on protection. So for those trips where weight is more important than protection, the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket comes in pretty handy. It is especially great for serious day hikers, climbers, and other active outdoor types.
Another nice feature of the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket is how comfortable it is. So many times with lower priced gear you loose out on comfort. This is especially true with rain gear. The cheaper it gets, the hotter and less comfortable it gets. The Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket has stretchy fabric in areas of high movement to help keep you comfortable in active situations. In case you start to get hot, the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket also features pit zips to help cool you down.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Marmot Oracle offers great coverage and a comfortable fit with durable stretch fabric in key movement areas; it works best when light weight is more important than durability
- Nylon MemBrain Strata 2.5 waterproof, breathable laminate reduces internal condensation to effectively increase your comfort range without weighing you down
- All seams are microstitched and seam taped to ensure a durable, fully protective jacket
- Stiff-brimmed storm hood with Cranium Cord adjustment for unhindered peripheral vision; hood zips off or can be rolled away into collar
- Full-length, 2-way front zipper is protected by a stormflap on the outside and backed inside to protect from wind penetration
- Soft DriClime lines the collar, cuffs and chin guard
- PitZips allow excellent ventilation control
- Battening down the hatches is easy with the elastic drawcord hem and rip-and-stick adjustable cuffs
- Features Mesh Pack Pockets and zip chest pocket, plus an inside security pocket and mesh water bottle pocket
- Stretch anatomic articulation and Angel-wing Movement sleeves allow comfortable, unrestricted range of motion
- Designed to fit over fleece or soft shells
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you are in need of a new rain jacket, I would highly suggest the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket. To be fair, if you are looking for a rain jacket to wear in the jungles of Costa Rica, I would have to suggest something else. But for the average day hiker or backpacker who rarely see rain, the Marmot Oracle Rain Jacket is perfect.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: