REI Mars 85 Pack
REI Mars 85 Pack – Made for carrying heavy loads.
Some people just aren’t into the whole lightweight packing thing. Maybe it is because they think cutting your toothbrush in have to save weight is insane, or maybe it is just because they are bad packers. Some would argue that they just like to be comfortable on the trail and in the backcountry. They would rather carry the extra weight if it means they will be more comfortable while away from home. For those people, there is the REI Mars 85 Pack.
The REI Mars 85 Pack is a large pack that is perfect for those backpackers who love to bring the comforts of home with them in thier backpacking trips. To help make your gear more accessible, the REI Mars 85 Pack has two entry points. One is a drawstring entry at the top of the pack, while the other is a u-shaped zipper pocket on the front. These dual entry points make it as easy as possible to find the gear you are looking for without having to empty the whole bag.
The lid of the REI Mars 85 Pack is made to be easily removed from the pack. The idea behind this is that you can store all your must haves in it. Then when you decide to retire for the night, you can just grab the lid and bring it in the tent with you instead of having to dig trough your pack to find the stuff.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Zippered pocket under lid stores maps and keys, spare batteries and other small essentials
- Front panel features a welded, water-repellent zippered pocket for storing often-used gear
- Precurved shoulder straps match your anatomy for nonbinding comfort on and off the trail
- Dual-density foam padded backpanel provides a comfortable and supportive fit when carrying heavy loads
- Precurved hipbelt is designed to cradle hip bones for a natural fit and to distribute weight without sagging
- Hipbelt webbing system allows you to use a natural forward pulling motion for quick, easy cinching and precise adjustment
- Internal sleeping-bag compartment is created by a zippered divider, separating it from gear and clothes in the main compartment
- Utilizing four buckles, the pack’s streamlined compression system lets you cinch and strap down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Concave head pod at the top of pack gives your head freedom of movement—no more staring at the ground
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
It goes without saying that the REI Mars 85 Pack has be designed to carry these heavy loads with comfort and ease. The frame and suspension on the REI Mars 85 Pack is fully customizable and can be configured to fit an array for torso sizes without any problems.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: