RED Hi-Fi Womens Helmet
RED Hi-Fi Womens Helmet – ultralight women’s specific ski/snowboard helmet
Designed and worn by Burton’s pro-team of women riders, the RED Hi-Fi Helmet offers reliable head protection in a women’s specific fit. No need to worry that you will never find a helmet to fit your odd shaped head, RED’s new Air Band Fit System pumps air into a low-profile headband letting you fine tune your fit.
RED’s Airvanced Ventiliation lets you control the amount of air flowing into your helmet. Five top vents bring in cool air and are lined with mesh to keep snow and ice out. You can also remove the padding to make room for a beanie if you are riding in sub-zero temps. A Goggle Gasket elminates the gap between your goggles and helmet and a removable goggle clip secures your eyewear during epic crashes.
The Hi-Fi Helmet features the GlovesOn Buckle that is easy to adjust with your gloves on. The helmet is compatible with the REDphones audio system, which plugs in directly to the helmet ear pads.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- New Air Pad fit system lets you customize fit by pumping it to fit your head
- In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet’s foam liner for lightweight, impact absorbing protection
- Five top vents draw in fresh air and are lined with mesh to keep out snow and ice
- Removable Quick Clip II Ear Pads and FineTuning give you options for customized padding and insulation
- GlovesOn Buckle allows adjustment and helmet removal without taking off your gloves
- Goggle gasket and removable goggle clip secure your eyewear and cover that space between your goggles and helmet
- REDphones Audio Accessory Compatible
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I couldn’t get my hands on one of these to test it out for myself so I can’t comment on how the Air Pad puffer system works. Julie reviewed last year’s version of the RED Hi-Fi and absolutely loved it. She said that, “It’s so lightweight you forget you have it on. It also keeps your head warm, fits well with goggles, is easy to buckle up with gloves on and looks great.” I am only guessing that the new Air Band system makes it even better.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: