Giro Seam Ski Helmet
Giro Seam Ski Helmet – great all-mountain helmet
The Giro Seam Snow Helmet’s impact-absorbing polycarbonate shell will keep your head safe while bombing the trees without any excess weight. Plenty of cool vents, well 12 to be exact, move cool air through the helmet while radiating warm air out. You can fine-tune the amount of airflow to your comfort level by adjusting a vent on top of the helmet.
The best part about the Giro Seam Ski Helmet is the “In Form” fit system. When I started trying on ski helmets I thought I must have the strangest shaped head ever, but the Giro Seam made me a feel just a bit better with their unique system of arms and internal height adjustments that really let me adjust the helmet to fit my head shape. Giro claims to have the best fit system ever made in a ski helmet and I think they may be right.
With X-Static antimicrobial ear padding, the helmet is pretty toasty. Good thing you can open up the vents easily during the day or remove the ear padding during warm days. If you plan on using the helmet skiing in super cold temps, you are going to want to fit the helmet with a skull cap.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Amazon: from $130.90
Why they rock:
- In Form fit system lets you fine-tune your fit, fit dial is easy to adjust even with gloves on
- Internal height adjustment compensates for different head shapes and goggle sizes
- Flexible pad at the base of the In Form unit conforms to head shape for a plush, customized fit
- Thermostat™ ventilation control lets you custom-tune airflow
- X-STATIC® antimicrobial padding resists odor-causing microbes
- Adjustable padded chinstrap
- Compatible with TuneUps music systems, sold separately
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Although it is not as light as the Smith Maze, at 15.75 ounces it is still pretty darn lightweight. The “In Form” fit system really lets you fine-tune your fit more than any other helmet I’ve tried on. I still recommend trying on a bunch of different brand helmets before purchasing one and if you are going to buy one online just wrap a tape measure around your head, just above your eyebrows, to find out your size.
>>Read about more of the best ski and snowboard helmets
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one:
Amazon: from $130.90