Power Traveler Powermonkey Solar Charger
Power Traveler Powermonkey Solar Charger – compact and portable travel solar charger
The Power Traveler Powermonkey is a solar powered charger for mobile phones, iPods, and PDAs. One of these babies would make a great gift for the techie traveler since it allows travelers to charge their electronic devices anywhere there is sunlight. On a cloudy day, you can charge from a USB port or an outlet.
The Powermonky looks just like a flip mobile phone. The compact unit flips open to reveal two mini solar power panels that capture enough of the sun’s rays to charge a variety of portable electronic devices.
Great for adventure travelers, the Powermonkey is water-resistant and extremely durable. An LCD screen displays the level of charge and also has short-circuit protection so you won’t over charge your devices. The Powermonkey kit also comes with a universal mains charger with interchangeable heads so you can plug the charger into outlets in over 150 countries – no additional travel adapters needed.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Compatible with the majority of standard mobile phones, including Nokia & mini Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Siemens & Sony Ericsson.
- USB connectors power up iPods and accessories, MP3 players, PDAs, smart mobile phones, digital cameras
- Includes mains travel charger for use in 150 countries – 110V to 240V.
- Water-resistant, rubberised design is a power source for every adventure.
- Safety Features: Protection against short circuit, over-charging and over-discharging.
Seat-of-the-pants rating: ? out of 10
Since I haven’t used the Power Traveler Powermonkey myself I can’t really comment on how well it works. What I do know is that it is the smallest, lightest, and most compact solar charger that I’ve seen. What I would really like to know is how long it takes to completely charge the device. The Solio Classic takes around 9 hours to completely charge in the sun and I wonder if the Power Traveler Powermonkey is any quicker.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: