Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack
Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack – Awesome packed designed specifically for women.
Apparently when I write reviews for women’s gear I tend to be accused of being sexists. I assure if I was, it was all in good fun. Regardless of things said in the past, I’ll keep this as sexist free as possible. After all, I don’t want to take away anything from the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack. If this pack is as good as all of the other Osprey backpacks I have tested, then the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack should be pretty amazing. Osprey has been making outstanding backpacks for a while now and the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack is sure to be no exception. Although I must say that I can’t review this pack from a womens point of view, but I will do my best explain the packs features.
For the most part, the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack is the same as its male counter part when it comes to all the bells and whistles. The real female features of the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack is the packs hip belt. To create a more comfortable and secure fit, the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack uses a custom molded hip belt. The dual density foam in the hip belt can be made to fit the female form flawlessly. The end result is a more comfortable and secure fit.
Now that we have talked about the female specifics of the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack, lets talk about all its other great features. You won’t find a lot of fancy features on the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack, its bells and whistles come in the form of quality craftsmanship and well thought out design. One nice feature of the pack is the material that makes it up. The pack is a tough 210 denier nylon, but is still incredibly lightweight.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Top-loading pack shaves weight with its lightweight yet tough 210-denier high-tenacity double-ripstop nylon construction
- The new AirScape Suspension uses peripheral rods, a nubbed foam back panel and an internal framesheet
- Running down the sidewall, the peripheral rods anchor to load lifters and hipbelt, actively transferring load and resisting sag
- Providing superior load support is the women’s IsoForm CM (Custom Moldable) hipbelt, a 3D dual-density foam designed to fit the female hip structure
- Osprey’s certified Custom Molding available in most stores—check your local REI store for a custom hipbelt molding oven
- ErgoPull hipbelt closure provides extra leverage in cinching, drawing tension along top and bottom–not through the center–relieving hipbone pressure
- IsoForm dual-density foam harness with Spacer Mesh promotes airflow and wicks away moisture during warm weather and intense activity
- Externally accessible bottom compartment accommodates all types of sleeping bags
- Top pocket can be removed and converted into a lumbar pack; IsoForm hipbelt on pack can be removed and slid onto lumbar pack for comfortable carrying
- Dual-entry side mesh pockets keep essentials easily accessible, and a built-in front mesh pocket accepts Osprey Excessories for added capacity
- Front compression wings let you securely compress the contents of the pack, whether full or nearly empty, without sag or load distortion
- Ski straps, ice axe tool loops, sleeping pad straps and extendable lid accommodate a variety of alpine gear
- High-density polyurethane (HDPE) framesheet and a single aluminum stay protect your back from bulky or pointy items and support heavy loads
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir sleeve and dual drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I can’t say enough good things about the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack. All of the Osprey packs are great and the Osprey Ariel 65 Women’s Backpack is no exception to the rule. But, I highly suggest you go to the store after you get one and having a professional form fit the hip belt for you. While you can do it at home, the results will probably be better form the store.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: