CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack
CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack – A 100oz hydration pack.
With so many hydration packs out there they are either mostly hydration packs or mostly day pack. But, with the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack it is hard to say if it is more day pack than hydration pack. Perhaps that means the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack is the ultimate combination of day pack and hydration pack? It seems like it might be, as it has all the best features of a hydration pack, but all the room of a day pack. This combination of day pack and hydration features make it perfect for intense day hikes.
Let first talk about all of the hydration features that make the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack great. For starters, the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack holds a whopping 100oz. of fluid. But, it’s not just the size of the bladder, but how tough it is. The bladder is made up of Omega HydroTanium. What does that mean? It means that the bladder is super tough and you would be hard pressed to bust this bad boy doing anything other than shooting it at point blank. As with all the newer CamelBak bladders, this one is taste free and what give you the plastic taste either.
Lets talk about all the day pack features of the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack. For starters, the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack doesn’t sport a simple bladder pocket like many other day packs. This bladder has its own compartment. there is a separate zippered pocket for the bladder so that you don’t have to dig everything out of your pack to get to the bladder. The main compartment has just enough room for you 10 day hiking essentials, some snacks, and even some room left over. There is also another large zippered compartment on the outside of the pack for things like GPS, MP3 players, and other small items and electronics.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 100-0z. OMEGA HydroTanium reservoir is made from a durable polyurethane film for exceptional tensile strength and burst resistance
- Big Bite valve is ergonomically positioned for easy drinking and stays protected and clean inside the Bite Valve cover
- Reservoir does not retain tastes or odors and is easy to clean* and fill via the large, 3.5-in. opening
- PureFlow delivery tube makes every gulp taste clean, not like plastic
- With its separate zippered opening, the reservoir can be easily refilled without removing it from the pack; insulated reservoir pocket keeps your water cool for hours
- Main compartment holds lunch, gear and all your 10 essentials for a 1-day peak ascent
- Large, zippered front pocket keeps electronics, cell phone or other valuables close at hand
- Small zippered top pocket with fleece lining stores sunglasses or MP3 player
- N.V.I.S. back panel offers multidirectional ventilation and a stable center of gravity
- Padded shoulder straps, sternum strap and hipbelt provide maximum comfort and even load distribution
- Dual side-compression straps help stabilize the load; tool loop and lash point let you attach extra gear to the exterior of the pack
- Made from rugged taffeta and abrasion-resistant ripstop nylon for long-lasting wear
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
If you want a light weight pack for those serious day hikes, the CamelBak Aventura Hydration Pack has all the features you want, and none of the wasted weight you don’t. The pack really might be the perfect size for these types of summit hikes. Its simple where it needs to be, but complex and well designed where it needs to be. This pack also comes in a womens design as well.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: