Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent
Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent – Your home away from home.
Serious family camp outs call for a serious family camping tent. When I say serious, I don’t mean just a big tent that offers up enough room for you and your family. Im talking about a tent that is really like a home away from home. That is exactly what the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent is, your home away from home. If you and your family do lots of extended car camping trips, then the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent will work out perfectly for you and your family.
One thing that makes the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent awesome for family camp outs is its sheer size. This bad boy of a tent is huge in every direction. From leg room to head room, there is plenty of it inside here. As far as floor space is concerned, the main area of the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent is designed to hold up to four people and gear comfortably. The tent also has a porch area when family members can call it a night as well. This gives you with enough room to sleep six.
The Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent features a main living area and then a separate screened in porch area. This porch area is great should you acquire a few unexpected guests or your kids want a room of their own, you can move them into the porch area of the tent. With the rain fly in place the entire tent, porch area included, is completely protected from the elements. During the day however, you can roll back the rain fly to just cover up the main area of the tent. This way you can enjoy the view and the breeze.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Rainfly covers the entire tent and annex in inclement weather, but rolls back to the middle tent pole for great ventilation and views in nice weather
- Unique tunnel dome design: like a tunnel, it’s big on the inside and livable as all get out, and like a dome, it’s freestanding and easy to pitch
- Large D-shaped mesh doors and steep mesh walls provide great ventilation and views outside; front and rear vestibules let you store lots of gear
- Swivel C Hubs have a sharp rotation angle that aids quick pitching and reduces the possibility of pitching errors
- RCT Swift Clips, pole sleeves and color-coded main door/rainfly keep setup simple and quick
- DAC Jake’s Feet at corners allow easy attachment of poles, rainfly and footprint (sold separately) and offer a secure connection; release them with a simple twist
- Dye-Free Optic White tent canopy offers increased light transmission for a bright living space
- Waterproof bathtub floor with raised perimeter seam uses PVC-free taping for complete waterproofness; gear pockets keep gear organized and up off the floor
- Vestibule vents minimize condensation buildup in tent; window provides views outside
- Includes stuff sacks, stakes and guyline/tensioners
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
As I said before, the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent is really only for serious car camping families. The Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent is way to big and way to expensive for just the recreational camping family. That said, if in fact you and your family do a lot of extended camp outs, a week or more at a time, the Sierra Designs Wu Hu Annex 4 + 2 Tent is perfect for you.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: