Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket
Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket – Great layering fleece.
When it comes to fleece jackets there are basically two kinds. There are the kind that are a bit more roomy and bulky which are great for wearing on their own and around camp, but not always that comfortable to wear as a mid layer under a jacket. Then there are the fleece jackets that are a bit more fitted. These are comfortable enough to wear alone, but also make for great mid layers. The Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket falls into the latter category.
Im not especially a fan of wearing more fitted fleece jackets like the Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket around camp, but this one might be an exception. Normally I find the fitted fleeces to be to restrictive, even when they are advertised as stretchy and offer a range of motion. The Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket however, gives you enough excess sleeve length so that they don ride up every time you stretch your arm, but not so much length that its bulky and awkward under a jacket.
Comfort and fit aside, the Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket is a pretty tough little fleece as well. You can thank the Hardface fleece for that. This stuff is more like a Windwall style fabric than a traditional fleece. Which makes it a lot more durable than your standard fleece jacket. The inside of the Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket on the other hand is a a softer and warmer fleece.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Layer it under a shell for skiing or alpine climbing or use it as an outer layer in cool weather during inner- and outer-city adventures
- Polartec Power Stretch Hardface fleece fabric is incredibly durable and brushed on the inside for warmth
- Infused with 4-way stretch for comfort and ease of movement, the Torrid also resists light wind, sheds moisture and dries quickly
- Internal windflap keeps drafts from seeping in; chinguard protects sensitive skin
- Features a drawcord hem and cuffs with rip-and-stick tabs
- Also features handwarmer and chest pockets
- Angel-Wing Movement sleeve construction allows unrestricted range of motion
- Designed to fit over a light layer
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
All and all the Marmot Torrid Fleece Jacket is just a great little fleece jacket. In my opinion though, I would have to suggest it for a layering fleece rather than for a wear around camp type fleece. But, Im sure it could be used for both pretty comfortably.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: