Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel
Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel – One tough duffel.
Take one look at the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel and it is easy to see that not all duffel bags are created equal. This isn’t your crappy duffel bag you got as a free giveaway from your auto insurance company and take to the gym. No sir, the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel is a serious duffel bag designed for serious adventures. This bad boy is designed to carry massive amounts of gear all over the world and last for years to come.
Just looking at the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel you will see that it is built to much higher standards than just about any other duffel bag on the market. At its core, the outside of the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel is made with a 800 denier polyester material. But to make sure it can stand up to years of globetrotting, the fabric has been coated with PVC-free thermoplastic elastomer.
As far as space goes, the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel has plenty of it. You will get an astounding 8,000 cubic inches of room in this baby. That means you will plenty of room to store your gear, no matter how large or bulky it may be. And for those smaller items you don’t want rolling around in your pack, the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel has several smaller zippered pockets inside and out.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Heavy-duty 800-denier polyester with PVC-free thermoplastic elastomer coating withstands the abuse of worldwide travel
- Main compartment provides 8000 cu. in. of space for climbing gear, ski equipment and clothing; interior zippered mesh pockets stow small items
- Large perimeter zipper allows easy access to the interior; lockable zipper sliders help secure your belongings (locks sold separately)
- Nylon daisy chain offers multiple lash-on points
- Adjustable carry handles double as backpack-style straps; end handles let two people carry the bag and help with loading/unloading
- Zippered side pocket stows small essentials
- ID window allows you to clearly identify your luggage
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel really is a great bag. Unfortunately it is not for everybody. By that statement I mean that because of the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffels hefty price tag, it isn’t sensible for everyone. If however, you are into gear heavy sports and travel around the world a good bit, the Mountain Hardwear Expedition Duffel could be a good investment.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: