Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket
Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket – Lightweight and super warm jacket.
The fleece jacket is a great essential jacket for a wide variety of activities and locations. But, the standard fleece dosen’t really cut it in colder climates with various weather conditions. If you live in a colder location where rain, sleet, and snow can come at any time, you need a jacket that offers more warmth and protection than a basic fleece can offer. For this sort of environment, I suggest the Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket.
The Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket is super cool because it offers up all the functionality a standard fleece has, but is designed with colder environments in mind. One cool feature that makes the Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket a great cold weather equivalent to the fleece is its size. It isn’t as bulky as a down jacket, but provides plenty of warmth, making it idea for day hikes or backcountry hikes where room is at a minimum.
This jacket is also designed to handle the various weather than can come from hiking in colder climates. Of course the Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket features some nice insulation, but thats just the beginning. The outside of the Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket is finished with a durable water repellent to help keep you dry during snow storms and sleeting. But, the insulation is also designed to keep you warm even if it gets wet!
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Fifteen-denier ripstop nylon sheds ounces without sacrificing durability
- Durable Water Repellent finish resists moisture penetration in critical winter temperatures
- Primaloft One polyester insulation compresses easily, insulates when wet and provides a high warmth-to-weight ratio
- Nylon lining slides easily over layers, wicks moisture and dries quickly
- Adjustable, insulated hood provides immediate protection in stormy weather
- Elastic cuffs with rip-and-stick tabs seal out the cold and drawcord hem conserves valuable heat
- Features two zip handwarmer pockets, zip chest pocket and interior security pocket
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket should be a new essential for your pack if you live in a colder environment. It is full of features that make it ideal for a number of colder environments and weather. The price is pretty on par with more elite fleece jackets as well. The Mountain Hardwear Hooded Compressor Classic Jacket is just an all around cool jacket.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: