Marmot Tamarack Jacket
Marmot Tamarack Jacket – A sleek winter jacket.
Ski jackets are great, there is no argument there. My only gripe with the majority of ski jackets is they way they are built. Most are large and baggy so that you can easily and comfortably wear layers under them. But, what about those days you don’t need layers or need something the fits more snugly? That’s the purpose of the Marmot Tamarack Jacket.
You don’t have to worry about getting caught in bad weather while you are wearing the Marmot Tamarack Jacket. The outer shell of the Marmot Tamarack Jacket is made up of a special material from Marmot called Marmot Membrain. This nylon is both waterproof and breathable. The outer has also been beefed up with reinforced shoulders and elbows.
Looking at the Marmot Tamarack Jacket you may think its is a little too snug fitting for such active winter sports like alpine skiing or working. But, the Marmot Tamarack Jacket has what Marmot like sto call ” Angel Wing Movement.” This provides you with a fit that doesn’t pull or bind while you move around naturally.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 2-layer laminate construction is microstitched and 100% seam-taped
- Jacket is standard fit and has a wicking polyester mesh lining that dries quickly
- Updated zip-off ERG hood easily adjusts to perfect the fit and maximize peripheral vision
- Double-pull PitZips extend into body of jacket, offering excellent ventilation control
- Adjustable cuffs and a powder skirt with gripper elastic keep out the spindrift while retaining warmth
- Features zippered handwarmer pockets, interior water bottle cargo pocket and zippered stash pocket
- Also has laser-drilled water-resistant chest pocket and sleeve pocket for secure storage
- Anatomic shaping and Angel-Wing Movement provide a comfortable fit that doesn’t pull or bind; stash pocket on left sleeve for accessories
- Elastic drawcord hem keeps chill out and warmth in; DriClime collar and chin guard lining
- Zippin™ feature lets you zip in compatible Marmot mid layer insulating piece
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
With the Marmot Tamarack Jacket you get a ski jacket that is a nice croff between a high end rain jacket and ski jacket. This mixture creates for a more veritable winter jacket than that of a typical ski or snowboarding jacket.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: