Keen Summit County Winter Boots
Keen Summit County Winter Boots – Winter boots by Keen.
If you thought that Keen only made sandals, then you are sadly mistaken. While Keen is most famous for their sandals, they also have some impressive shoes and boots. One of thier most impressive pair of boots are their Keen Summit County Winter Boots. These boots offer way more than the famous traction and soles that Keen is known for.
So, what else do the Keen Summit County Winter Boots have to offer? Well, the Keen Summit County Winter Boots are made with some special Keen technology. For example, these winter boots use Keen.Dry to protect your feet from snow and water. They also use Keen.Warm which helps keep your little piggies toasty warm when things get cold.
The Keen.Warm is really quite impressive. The insulation is designed to keep your feet warm in temperatures as low as -35F during active use. This warmth is thanks to a 300g bamboo and polyester blend of insulation. The thermal foot beds also sport a heatshield lining to help keep warmth in.
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Tall, waterproof leather uppers offer lasting comfort and style; rugged nylon panels supply flexibility
- KEEN.DRY waterproof barriers keep water out while breathing well; brushed polyester linings wick sweat away from your feet
- 300g KEEN.WARM bamboo/polyester insulation ensures warmth and comfort in conditions to -35°F during active use; 450g in toes offers extra warmth
- Removable thermal footbeds have heat shield silver film in forefoot to reduce temperature conductivity and keep feet warm
- Compression-molded EVA midsoles offer shock absorption and cushioning; internal shanks provide support for all-day support
- Features quick-lace design with heel and toe loops for an easy and secure fit
- Patented rubber Toe Guards protect feet from scuffs, bumps and uneven terrain
- Durable and nonmarking dual-climate rubber outsoles react to different temperatures to provide optimal traction on wet, dry or frozen surfaces
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I haven’t personally tried out the Keen Summit County Winter Boots, but if they are half as impressive as their sandals, I feel safe to recommend these for mild winter use. I probably wouldn’t hike miles on end in these, but they seem great for work around the house or camp.
Be sure to check out our other suggested winter boots.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: