Marmot Limelight 3 Tent
Marmot Limelight 3 Tent – sweet backpacking tent.
The Marmot Limelight 3 Tent might be one of the best deals I have seen in a while when it comes to backpacking tents. This sucks has a lot to offer for the price and Im not just talking about features. The Marmot Limelight 3 Tent might very well have everything you need for backpacking with your self and another buddy or two. Yes, the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent has room for up to 3 people, but almost feels as light as a two person tent. This tent should be a serious contender for your hunt for a new backpacking tent.
As I said before, the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent has a lot more to offer than just great features. The Marmot Limelight 3 Tent also sports a tent footprint and a canopy gear loft. Both of these are extras that you usually have to buy separately and can cost a pretty penny when you by the manufactures version. But the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent includes these items and is still cheaper than a number of top of the line backpacking tents.
Aside from the extra goodies, the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent still has plenty to offer. Because it is a multi person backpacking tent, it of course comes with a door and vestibule on each side of the tent. The Marmot Limelight 3 Tent also uses the popular Marmot clips. These things are super strong, don’t slide around in the wind, and are big enough that you can easily slip them on to the poles with gloves on. To save a little wight, the tent uses Strong Stake Tape to ditch the grommets and make a more versatile setup option.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 2 doors allows easy in and out without disturbing your partner, and 2 vestibules offer personal storage areas
- DAC Pressfit aluminum poles feature a pressed-in ferrule, ensuring the poles will remain strong and reliable
- DAC/Marmot double clips won’t slide and they disperse stress over a large area; plus, they have an incredible breaking strength and are easy to use with gloves
- UV-resistant, seam-sealed polyester rainfly doesn’t stretch or expand when wet, ensuring a consistently taut pitch
- Catenary cut floor provides a tight pitch with reduced weight; fully seam-taped bathtub floor maintains waterproofness
- Window Weld design gives views to the outside, lets in light and reduces weight; fly vent increases air circulation inside tent
- Strong Stake Tape shaves weight by eliminating grommets and allows versatile set-up
- Light-reflective piping helps you find your tent at night; jingle-free nylon zipper pulls remain quiet in windy weather
- Multiple inside pockets provide storage up off the floor and also organize your equipment
- Fast pack pitching: In nice weather, use only the poles, rainfly and footprint to save weight
- Includes stuff sacks, stakes and guyline/tighteners
- Average minimum weight specification is based on tent, rainfly and poles only
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I really have nothing bad to say about the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent. It is such an amazing value for the money. You deffinitly end up with a lot more tent than you pay for when getting the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent. You don’t have to take my word for it. Just check out a few other high quality backpacking tents and compare the price and features with the Marmot Limelight 3 Tent. You wont be dissapointed.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: