Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack
At first glance, the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack may not seem like a very impressive day pack. But you would be judging this book by its cover if you were to come to that assumption. The Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack is a very well thought out day pack with a lot of features that you can only appreciate after having taken it out for a day on the trail or around town sight seeing. You don’t have to take this randoms bloggers word for it though. The Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack comes highly recommended by National Geographic Adventurer.
This well engineered day pack was National Geographic Adventurer’s Gear of the Year for 2009. That alone should say a good amount about the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack. So, what are some of the really cool features that make the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack so exciting? One feature that I am quite found of is the on-the-fly compression system. The pack features an internal compression system that can be cinched up even while you are wearing the pack. So now when you have things bouncing around in your pack or you feel like stuff is sitting right, you can just pull a few cords and tighten everything up.
One thing I always hated about packs was how they felt constricting like a seat belt whenever you were doing some serious movement. The Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack however, features a really neat new technology called BioSync. To put it simply, the BioSnyc technology allows the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack harness system to stretch with the body. So when you are bouldering or climbing around the jungle, the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack will actually move with you and not hold you back.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Inspired by the bio-dynamics of the human body, the shoulder and waistbelt suspension are attached with BioSync™ technology artificial tendons
- These artificial tendons act as attachment points allowing harness to stretch into an ideal fit, moving with the body while in motion
- On-the-fly, internal compression system allows you to keep pack compressed and snug against back; quick access compression straps are easily reached while pack is on
- Backpanel, shoulder straps and hipbelt features 3-dimensional woven mesh to vent and wick away moisture
- With rear zipper access for easy refilling, a sleeve for your reservoir (sold separately) and exit port system to manage the tube, this pack is completely hydration compatible
- Deep front zippered pocket features 2 mesh pockets and a key clip for additional organization
- Zippered expandable front mesh pocket with 3-point compression lets you stash bulky gear and keep it easily accessible
- Zippered fleece-lined MP3/electronic top pocket for storage of your portable music or electronics
- Dual, stretch-mesh zip waistbelt pockets are ideal for stashing electronics or snacks; internal cargo stabilizer loop holds valuable electronics in place when pocket is open
- Side mesh pockets keep water bottles and snacks within easy reach
- Adjustable sternum strap and webbing loop for lashing on light gear round out pack features
- Constructed from 70-denier ultra-tear-strength coated nylon for water repellency and durability
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
Don’t let the book bag look of the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack fool you. This sucker is made for anything but notebooks! When you take all of the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack great features and factor in the amazingly low price, the Gregory Miwok 18 Day Pack really becomes a steal of a deal.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: