Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket
Arc’Teryx has regularly put out some amazing piece of outdoor gear. The Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket is just another one of the prime examples of this. I like just about everything that these guys come out with, but I usually can’t afford any of it, as it is usually way out of my budget. The Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket on the other hand is one of their less expensive pieces soft shell jackets. Make no mistake about it though, the Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket is still a bit pricey, but at least in the $200 price range it is a little more justifiable than some of their $300+ jackets.
If you read my post a while back about windbreaker jackets, you know I am a fan of softshell jackets over fleece jackets. They really just have more to offer than fleece jackets. But that is neither here nor there. The Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket is a superb windshell jacket that is designed to handle high activity sports without causing you to overheat. With the Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket you get a perfect mix of protection, a good range of motion, and breathability.
A major player in the overall awesomeness of the Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket is its three various weights of Gore Windstopper fabric. This amazing mix is what helps creates the Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jackets durability, breathability, and protection from the elements. This material helps to cut out chill from the wind to keep you warm, but still keep you comfortable enough so that you don’t overheat in your activity.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 3 different weights of Gore WindStopper combine to provide core warmth, shoulder and forearm abrasion resistance, and side panel breathability
- Gore WindStopper eliminates windchill yet remains breathable and capable of dissipating excess moisture quickly so you stay dry and warm
- Stretchy soft-shell exterior moves with your body while climbing or trekking on cool, dry days in the alpine
- Fabric is treated with a Durable Water Repellent finish to repel moisture and stains
- Gusseted underarms create full no-lift range of motion
- Micro die-cut rip-and-stick cuffs feature a stretch wrist gusset to seal out cool air
- 2 zippered hand pockets keep your fingers warm and provide storage for small essentials
- Full front zipper has interior windflap and soft, brushed collar lining
- Features a laminated hem with drawcords and a waist-length cut with a droptail back
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
For those of you that are in the market for a new wind breaker, softshell, or fleece jacket and are on a tight budget; I suggest looking in to the Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket. It might be a mini investment, but it is sure to be one that will stand the test of time and last you for years to come. The Arc’Teryx Venta AR Jacket is sure to offer up more usability than a top of the line fleece, so why not at least look into it?
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: