Marmot Diva 35 backpack
Marmot Diva 35—A smaller sized female specific pack perfect for day trips into the backcountry
As a female, I have had problems in the past finding a great pack that had all the same features as the best men’s packs while still fitting me comfortably and correctly. I mean, I may be able to hike up the mountain with the boys, but I’m just not shaped like one.
Last summer, I took my Marmot Diva 45 pack on the road with me during a month long backpacking trip through Panama and was impressed with the pack. I immediately became impressed with Marmot’s unique suspension system used in their packs—which features a split waistbelt, curved shoulder straps and a molded back panel to help evenly distribute your load and make carrying even heavy equipment comfortable and relatively easy.
While I need the 45 L pack for my longer trip, if I were looking for a smaller, more compact and lower profile pack from ski trips to the backcountry, I would certainly reach for the Marmot Diva 35. The smaller size may not be as ideal for longer treks, but for those looking to head out on a couple day hut trip or for a day in the backcountry, the 35 L pack is the perfect size—roomy enough for your equipment, snacks and couple extra layers, but not so much space you’ll be burdened or weighted down when climbing to the top of that ridge or bombing down the couloirs.
The two-front pockets and pockets in the detachable lid also help keep your smaller items organized. The side straps on the side and the bottom to attach a tent, sleeping bag and camping pad, which works quite well and can give you some extra space in the main compartment if needed.
There are also stowable ice-axe loops if you are heading out on a mountaineering adventure. For those adventurous skiers, I was very excited to find out there is also a diagonal ski carry system on this pack—a feature that brought this pack to the next level for me. It’s versatile, it’s comfortable and it’s easy to use. Overall a great women’s pack for anyone from the casual hiker or traveler to the serious outdoorswoman and backcountry superstar.
The Quick & Dirty:
Where you can get one:
Buy Marmot Women’s Diva 35 Backpacking Pack
Why it Rocks:
- • Women-specific shoulder straps, hipbelt and backpanel are all proportioned to fit a woman’s narrower shoulders and shorter torso
• Top-loading design with three convenient pockets in the removable lid: a zippered top pocket, an internal mesh pocket and a pocket under lid
• Removable 3-D quick dry mesh hipbelt offers lightweight load distribution with ample breathability to keep you comfortable
• Marmot BioSpan load-transfer system properly distributes weight over your back’s middle area and lumbar region for comfort
• The framesheet combines with a single aluminum center stay to provide an optimal blend of stiffness and torsional flex while supporting heavy loads
• Hydration reservoir pocket lets you haul enough water to stay hydrated in hot weather and during intense activity (though keep in mind the reservoir is sold separately)
• Dual ice axe loops with lash straps allow easy access to tools and equipment
• Four side-compression straps stabilize the load and double as a ski-carrying system
• Coombs carrying system lets you carry skis diagonally across the back of the pack
• High-tenacity nylon provides excellent abrasion resistance and tear strength
• Constructed from 420-denier Broken Twill nylon and reinforced with 840-denier HT nylon
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The ever-popular Marmot Women’s Diva 35 Backpack includes versatile features that let you take it hiking, rock climbing, mountaineering, and even backcountry skiing. This bag’s day-trip size brings along all the food and clothing you need regardless of what you’re doing from dawn to dusk. With the straps that can attach a sleeping bag, tent or other items, this pack is even big enough you may be able to bring it on a short overnight trip.
Marmot added two ice-tool holders and a diagonal ski-carry system to help the Diva 35 Backpack carry your winter weapons of choice. Remove the lid to shave weight for your ultralight summer outing. The pack’s shorter torso length and narrower shoulder straps also make it super comfortable and perfect for women. It’s durable, it’s high performance, it’s comfortable and it has great features. Basically this pack is everything you’ve looked for in a woman’s pack but always had trouble finding.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one:
Buy Marmot Women’s Diva 35 Backpacking Pack