LEKI Diva Aergon Antishock Women’s Trekking Poles
LEKI Diva Aergon Antishock Women’s Trekking Poles – shock absorbing women’s poles
Well we have women’s specific backpacks and women’s sleeping bags, so why not women’s specific trekking poles. At first I was a bit skeptical of women’s trekking poles and wondered what could possibly be the advantage of having women’s specific poles. Well they tend to be shorter and have smaller grips for smaller hands. Turns out my Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork poles can extend a foot plus longer than I need them so I am lugging around all that extra pole.
The LEKI Diva are just under 8 ounces a pole and have a grip designed to fit smaller hands. LEKI’s soft antishock system reduces stress on the joints with a unique internal spring system that absorbs shock with less rebound. Incorporating an ergonomically correct 15-degree angle keeps your wrists in a natural position for optimal swing and additional comfort.
LEKI’s Super Lock System is easy to adjust yet locks securely. Three telescoping pole sections extend from 24 to 29 inches. Carbide flex tips grip well on rock and ice and deep powder baskets can be purchased separately for winter use.
Why they rock:
- Lightweight Aergon grips feature an edgeless shape and a rubberized, textured surface to maximize comfort and minimize hand fatigue
- Positive Angle grips position the hands at an neutral, ergonomically correct 15° angle for for optimal swing efficiency and stress relief
- Soft Antishock System Lite offers a shock-absorbing ride with less rebound
- Simple and fast, Super Locking System (SLS) adjustment requires little effort to securely lock pole sections into position
- Aluminum alloy allows thin shaft walls that sacrifice nothing in strength, providing a 20% reduction in swing weight
- 3-section telescoping poles extend from 24 to 49 in.
- Flexible synthetic tips can flex up to 30°, reducing stress to the pole shaft; durable carbide tip ends grip ice and rocks
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
These poles are incredibly lightweight, easy to adjust, sturdy, and the shock absorption design protects the knees in steep and rocky terrain. The women’s fit is certainly not perfect for all women, but if you are a petite women you should totally check these out.