Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes
Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes – Similar to the Keen Targhee.
If you think these cross training shoes look a bit like another pair of Keens shoes, you would be right. The Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes are extremely similar to the Keen Targhee. The main difference in the two is that the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes don’t have the waterproof barrier that the Targhee does. So, as long as you dont plan on romping around in creeks and river beds, you should be good to go with the the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes.
The Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes may not have the waterproofing of the Targhee, but it has the same great grip and non-marking soles that Keens are know for. The bottom of the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes has more grip than a tree frog. Ok, maybe thats a bit much, but the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes sport some extreme 4mm multidirectional lugs that are designed to last a while and give you the ultimate bite.
While the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes might not block out the water, they will certainly keep your feet dry. The shoes uppers have a polyester mesh lining that are designed to promote airflow and aid in keeping your feet well ventilated. The inside of the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes also help by using a polyester lining to wick moisture away from your feet.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Leather uppers with polyester mesh ventilation windows offer durability, flexibility and breathability for comfort on the go
- Polyester linings wick moisture away from your feet and dry quickly to keep feet comfortable and dry
- Secure-fit lace capture system with sturdy leather eyelets and heel wrap help lock feet to footbeds for increased support
- Webbing pull loops at heel and tongue allow easy entry/exit; padded, gusseted tongues keep out debris and moisture while relieving lace pressure
- Patented rubber toe bumpers protect feet and uppers from bumps and abrasion
- Removable Metatomical EVA footbeds are custom shaped to provide ample cushioning and arch support; can also accommodate orthotics
- Compression-molded EVA midsoles offer shock-absorption and padding for all-day comfort
- Supportive ESS plastic shanks provide torsional stability and protection from uneven and rocky terrain
- S3 (shock, suspension, stability) heel support structure supports the feet on impact, dissipates shock and reduces the chance of twisting an ankle
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
If you need a good pair of cross training shoes and don’t plan on running across to many river, creeks, or other wet spots, the Keen Voyageur Cross-Training Shoes will definitely help you do it in comfort. Even with no waterproof barrier, they go to great lengths to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: