Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack
Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack – The perfect size.
For those of you who don’t do a lot of seriously long backpacking trips, finding the ideal sized backpack can be a bit challenging. More times than not, all of your would be choices are going to be too big or too small. If you only ever go on weekend backpacking trips, there is no sense in getting pack designed for week long trips. There are a lot of over sized daypacks that can be used for backpacking, but many are only good for an overnight trip or super lightweight packers. Don’t give up hope in your search for the perfect sized backpack, as the Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack might be just what you need.
The Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack is designed to be a compact and lightweight backpacking pack that is perfect for short multi day trips. However, should you feel up to a little longer hike, you can easily adjust a few straps here and there and get plenty of extra space for some more gear. The Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack also makes it easy to access your gear in a variety of ways. There is the basic top loading access, but there is also a huge U shaped zipper on the front of the pack that allows you to open it like a typical piece of luggage almost.
There is all kinds of stuff going on with the Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack to ensure your comfort. I wont waste your time with all the technical terms and fancy fabric names, but just trust me that it is pretty outstanding. To sum it up in a few lines; the Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack sports a flexible auto fit harness which works to match your shoulder angles to create an almost custom like fit.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Top-loading pack with front access features welded, water-resistant zippers in front and on the floating top lid
- Find your gear in the main compartment quickly and easily via the horseshoe-shaped front zippered pocket—there’s no more need to empty everything to reach what you want!
- Front also features a zippered stash pocket for additional weatherproof storage
- Jet Stream LTS suspension system boasts thick, supportive foams with Aero-tech mesh on backpanel to move moisture away
- Flexible Auto-Fit harness matches your shoulder angles and features 3-D woven mesh-covered foam for breathable airflow
- Lightweight, thermo-molded framesheet with a single hollow, aluminum stay provides support and torsional stiffness
- Constructed from 210-denier HT (high tenacity) double-box ripstop nylon and nylon twill for tear strength and abrasion resistance
- Dual mesh waistbelt pockets are ideal for stashing gels, lip balm, sunscreen or that mini-tool
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and dual drink tube exit ports for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- Side and bottom compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Exterior side pockets provide a handy place for frequently accessed items such as water bottles, GPS, maps and snacks
- Dual axe/tool loop attachment points let you strap on gear outside
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
As I said before, if you are trying to find a bag that is the perfect mix of an over sized day pack, but not quite as big as an extended trip backpack, then the Gregory Z65 Backpacking Pack is just what you need. Its small and light, but can be extended for longer trips.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: