CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack
CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack – A 100 oz. CamelBak day pack.
It amazes me all the variety of hydration packs on the market these days. Who know there could be some many variations of the same thing. Some how these hydration pack designers keep managing to come up with great designs. Sure, some of them are just dumb and pointless, but you can’t expect a home run every time right? The CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack seems to be another one of those home runs. If you are into serious day long adventures and need the hydration to keep going, the CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack is a good candidate.
If it has been a while since you drank out of a hydration pack, you might be in for a surprise. The days of plastic tasting bladders or those that hold the taste of past liquids are long gone. The CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack does a number of things to make sure your liquid of choice tastes the way it should. For starters, the bladder is designed to not hold taste of older liquids and cleans easy. The drinking tube is also designed with PureFlow witch helps to get rid of the plastic tastes that can come from the drinking tube.
Something else that I really appreciate in the design of the CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack is the lack of pockets. So many of these types of hydration packs are filled with tons of pockets and belles and whistles. The CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack sports only the 3 most important pockets. There is a large main pocket that has plenty of room for everything you would need on a one day outing. There is a smaller pocket for things like keys and cameras, and the a small fleece lined pocket for electronics or glasses.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- 100-oz. OMEGA HydroTanium reservoir is made from a durable polyurethane film for exceptional tensile strength and burst resistance
- Big Bite valve is ergonomically positioned for easy drinking and stays protected and clean inside the Bite Valve cover
- Reservoir does not retain tastes or odors and is easy to clean* and fill via the large, 3.5-in. opening
- PureFlow delivery tube makes every gulp taste clean, not like plastic
- With its separate zippered opening, the reservoir can be easily refilled without removing it from the pack; insulated reservoir pocket keeps your water cool for hours
- Main compartment holds lunch, gear and all your 10 essentials for a 1-day peak ascent
- Large, zippered front pocket keeps electronics, cell phone or other valuables close at hand
- Small zippered top pocket with fleece lining stores sunglasses or MP3 player
- N.V.I.S. back panel offers multidirectional ventilation and a stable center of gravity
- Padded shoulder straps, sternum strap and hipbelt provide maximum comfort and even load distribution
- Dual side-compression straps help stabilize the load; tool loop and lash point let you attach extra gear to the exterior of the pack
- Made from rugged nylon taffeta and abrasion-resistant ripstop nylon for long-lasting wear
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
There are a ton of great hydration packs out there to choose from. But I would have to say that the CamelBak Fourteener Hydration Pack is probably one of the better ones. It has a nice harness systems, good bladder setup, and offers plenty of storage space. Basically it has everything you need and nothing you don’t.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: