Gregory Makalu Pro Pack
Gregory Makalu Pro Pack – Ultra sleek backpack.
You wont find any bells and whistles on the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack. This expedition style backpack has been freed from clutter. If you never understood why people would want a backpack filled with dozens of pockets, straps, and buckles; then the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack could be the perfect backpack for you.
With the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack you get the quality of craftsmanship that you have come to know and love from Gregory, but with a lot less fuss. This simple design helps shift the focus from slightly unnecessary extras to enhancing only the most needed features to improve stability and comfort. While the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack might not be full of bells and whistles, it has its own unique features.
One such feature of the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack would be the Flo-Form molded shoulder harness. This harness system uses a super soft layer on the outside that feels smooth against your skin. Behind the smoothie goodness are some more dense layers to create a plethora of padding. The harness system also uses the self adjusting Autop-Cant to create a perfect fit.
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Dual-density Wilderness Waistbelt is pre-curved to eliminate wrinkles, hugging the hips to provide increased comfort and load-carrying control
- Back panel is lined with AeroTech mesh with a vertical chimney vent that helps to move moisture away from your
- Ultra-light floating partial framesheet and two aluminum stays provide an optimal blend of stiffness and torsional flex
- Top lid pocket with water-resistant zipper for extra storage; stash a reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free hydration
- Two large mesh side pockets let you keep essentials close at hand or tote extra water
- Includes detachable gear racking system and bungee, two ice axe/tool loops and two daisy chains for lashing on extra gear
- Top- and side-compression straps help stabilize and control the load
- Body is constructed of rip-stopping 210-denier Dyneema® fabric, pound-for-pound stronger than steel!
- Pack bottom is made from 1000-denier Cordura® nylon for long-lasting wear and durable protection from the elements
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I have to admit that I am a pocket guy. I don’t need an obsessive amount of pockets on my pack, but I do need enough to keep me organized. That said, I was still very impressed looking at the Gregory Makalu Pro Pack. It may not sport a lot of features, but what is on the pack is extremly well thought out and useful.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: