Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag
Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag – Lightwieght winter sleeping bag.
There is no argument that a warm sleeping bag is a must on winter outings. The problem with most winter sleeping bags though is that many of them are large, bulky, and a tad heavy. That usually leaves you with tow choice; you can take a lighter bag that’s not as warm, or vice versus. That is until one discovers the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag.
With the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag you get all the warmth and comfort you need from a winter sleeping bag, but in a moire compact and lightweight package. This makes the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag ideal for longer winter backpacking trips where every gram counts. The Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag tips the scale at around three pounds.
To help you stay warm, the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag uses prime 800 fill goose down. This offers you the maximum warmth to weight ratio for winter backpacking. One really nice feature in the bottom sleeve that is designed to hold a Big Agnes sleeping pad in place to help you stay warmer and more comfortable.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Prime 800-fill-power goose down delivers an excellent combination of warmth, light weight, compressibility, durability and value
- Underside insulation has been eliminated and replaced with a sleeve for the Big Agnes Air Core Pad, sold separately
- Tightly woven, ripstop nylon microfiber shell is both windproof and water-resistant; Durable Water Repellent finish increases water resistance
- Nylon taffeta lining is soft and breathable
- Built-in pillow sleeve lets you stuff a jacket or a pillow inside
- Two-way, full-length YKK zipper will zip to another bag with opposite zipper configuration
- Large draft tube located behind the zipper prevents warm air from escaping and cold air from entering
- Includes stuff sack and large storage bag
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
With so many great features, one has to ask what the drawback is to the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag. Well, the only real kicker is the price tag. This winter sleeping bag will set you back almost $500. But, if you do a lot of serious winter backpacking, the Big Agnes Hahns Peak Sleeping Bag might be just what you need.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: