Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack
Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack – An innovative daypack design.
Deuter has always been up there as an industry leader in innovative pack design. The Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack is a perfect example of this. Not only is the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack one of the few top loading style day packs on the market, but it is also one of the more lightwieght daypacks as well. Lighwieght and top loading design aside, the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack is built about as tough as daypacks can be.
First, lets talk about the material used on the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack, as it is this material that really helps make the pack as light and tough as it is. The Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack uses a combination of ripstop nylons and denier nylons. This variety of nylon certainly helps keep the pack strong, but it is also exceptionally lightwieght. Deuter has also used a more lightwieght frame to support the pack and help keep it light.
Aside for the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack being lightwieght and super tough, it is also extra comfortable. To help keep the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack comfortable, Deuter has gone all out to ensure the pack is breathable and has just the right amount of padding. For example, the straps on the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack are not only padded and feature a contoured cut, but the also sport MeshTech fabric.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- To cut weight, pack is made with light but strong and abrasion-resistant micro-rip/ripstop nylon and 210-denier and 420-denier nylons
- Patented Aircomfort suspension allows warm air to escape and fresh air to circulate between the pack and user’s back
- Features a flexible, lightweight, spring-steel frame supporting suspended mesh for ventilation
- MeshTex fabric lining adds breathability to the contoured, padded shoulder straps; stabilizer straps provide proper pack position
- Soft hip pads and hipbelt wrap body, stabilizing and controlling lateral movements of pack while on the go; hipbelt features a valuables pocket
- Main compartment has plenty of room for an all day hike, on or off the trail
- Front stash pocket and side mesh pockets store often-accessed gear, such as water bottles, headlamp, first-aid kit, sunscreen, multi-tool and more
- Top lid pocket holds your map, compass or GPS, spare batteries and other small equipment items
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Simple, lightweight twin tool loops let you quickly stash trekking poles and ice axes
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
For those of you who want a daypack that offers hydration options, but works and wears more like backcountry daypack, then the Deuter Futura Zero 30 Pack might be what you are after. You wont find a load of pockets and zippers here. In stead, you get finely crafted basics and essentials.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: