Kelty Redwing 3100 Pack
Kelty Redwing 3100 Pack – A daypack with room to grow.
With the Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack you get one of those day packs that sit on the border of half daypack and half overnighter bag.This pack offers up a classic design that can be used in a variety of sports, outdoor activities, and even handle day hikes or overnight hikes. Hell, it you are a light packer, the Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack might even be able to you into the backcountry for a few days. This design is one that has stood the the of time, and with good reason, it is an extremely versatile day pack.
I think one of the reasons the Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack is so versatile as a day pack is that it is essentially a smaller version of an extended backcountry backpack. Kelty Backpacks have always been known for having lots of lash points, pockets, and other small features that help make them hand for a variety of activities and gear. The Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack is no exception to this statement. You will find no shortage of pockets, lash points, or compartments on the Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack.
So, just how many pockets does the Kelty Redwing 3100 Day Pack have? There is the large main compartment which is extremely large. it also has a slab pocket and an area for hydration systems if you want one. The main front pocket has your basic organization setup with a key clip and map pocket. You can also find two large, zippered side pockets for keeping gear close at hand. But this isn’t all. There are still some other smaller pockets like a stash pocket and fleece lined electronics pocket.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Anatomically curved shoulder straps and removable air-mesh hipbelt are sculpted to fit your body while distributing weight for load-carrying ease
- Straps, hipbelt and padded back panel are lined with moisture-wicking mesh that dries quickly, keeping you comfortable in the heat of hiking
- Supportive LightBeam stays shave off half the weight of traditional stays, yet are 30% stiffer
- Sternum strap, load-lifter straps and belt stabilizers help balance the load; pulley-like Scherer Cinch doubles hipbelt tightening force
- Roomy, panel-opening main compartment features an interior slab pocket and tube port for carrying a variety of hydration reservoirs, sold separately
- Front pocket has an organizer panel which includes a key clip and map pocket
- Other essentials can be kept organized and handy in 2 zippered side pockets, zippered stash pocket, fleece-lined optics pocket and security pocket
- Strap on even more equipment with daisy chain, lash tabs and an ice-axe loop
- 4 side compression straps help stabilize the load
- Constructed from rugged 600-denier polyester ripstop and reinforced with 610-denier polyester Cordura to withstand the rigors of the trail
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
For those of you who want the ultimate all around day pack, the Kelty Redwing 3100 Pack might just be it. It works great as a daypack, but easily handle a night or two on the trail. And, with so many pockets and lash points, the Kelty Redwing 3100 Pack can easily handle a variety of gear heavy sports and activities without a problem.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: