Deuter Freerider Pro 28 SL Women's Ski Pack
Deuter Freerider Pro 28 SL – women’s specific backcountry ski backpack
With multiple carry options for skis, snowboards, and snowshoes, the Deuter Freerider Pro 28 SL provides women backcountry enthusiasts with a women’s specific fit and plenty of great features. You can attach skis, snowboard, or snowshoes to the front with straps or secure skis diagonally in an A-frame shape.
A full back panel opening allows you access to the main compartment when your gear blocks the front of the pack. Plenty of gear pockets keep your gear organized and a large front shovel compartment provides fast and easy access to your avalanche probe and shovel.
With a shorter length, pivoting hipbelt, and S-shaped shoulder straps, the Deuter Freerider offers the right fit for a woman’s unique shape. Adjustable shoulder straps slide up and down the backpanel to fit torso lengths from 15 to 20 inches. Taller skiers should opt for the Freeride Pro 30, which fits torsos up to 22 inches.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Multiple carry options accommodate skis, snowboard, or snowshoes
- Main compartment with back panel opening stays accessible with your gear strapped on
- Shorter length, pivoting hipbelt, and S-shaped shoulder straps, offers the right fit for a woman’s unique shape
- Removable hip-belt streamlines the pack for cruising around town
- Easy-access front compartment keeps your shovel and probe on hand
- Removable foam framesheet easily converts into an impromptu seat when your quads call for a break
- 3 internal valuables zip pockets
- Top fleece-lined ski goggle pocket
- Hydration compatible
- Two removable tool loops
- Detachable full face helmet holder included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I am a big fan of Deuter women’s packs. Since I am a pretty petite at 5”2’ I have a hard time finding packs that fit me properly. The Deuter Futura Pro 34 was the first women’s pack I ever owned and the first pack that ever fit me perfectly. When I tried on the Freerider Pro, I was happy to feel that same stellar fit. Women’s packs are certainly not for all women; make sure to try on several different brand packs including both women’s and unisex versions to find the best fit.
>>Check out more of the best ski and snowboard backpacks