Osprey Kode 22 Ski Pack
Osprey Kode 22 – sleek backcountry ski pack
The Osprey Kode ski backpack features a minimalist design that includes everything a skier or snowboarder needs for a day of backcountry touring. The pack carries a snowboard vertically on the back of the pack or skis diagonally in the A-frame style on the sides of the pack.
The Kode 22 features zippered panel access to a large internal compartment with plenty of space for all your snow tools including a pocket perfect for stashing your snow probe and shovel. Separate wet and dry compartments keep your dry clothes away from your soggy layers.
An internal insulated hydration sleeve keeps your water from freezing and handy hipbelt pockets provide easy access to your small essentials. Each Kode backpack also has a lined fleece compartment to keep your ski goggles scratch free. The Kode 22 comes in small, medium, and large.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- Pack carries a snowboard vertically and skis diagonally or A-frame style
- Snow-shedding back panel reduces snow buildup while the bag sits in the snow
- An HDPE framesheet offers responsive support when pushing up an incline
- EVA foam harness features an insulated hydration sleeve and an adjustable sternum strap; EVA foam hipbelt is easy to secure with the ErgoPull closure
- Panel-loading pack opens to large internal compartment and supplies enough space for snow tools; includes sleeves for snow probes/shovel handle
- Internal wet and dry pockets separate your snow safety gear from your extra clothing and food
- Internal sleeve protects goggles from scratches
- Loop keeps an ice axe securely attached
- Compression straps stabilize your load and double as carrying straps for a snowboard or snowshoes
- Padded hipbelt pockets provide quick access to small essentials like lip balm, energy bars, and tissues
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
The Osprey Kode is designed specifically for winter travel and it has literally everything I want in a backcountry touring pack. The Osprey Kode 22 is the smallest of the Kode series ski packs. If you need a bit more room, the Kode also comes in a 30-liter size and a 38-liter size.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: