Camelbak Pit Boss Hydration Ski Pack
Camelbak Pit Boss Hydration Ski Pack – the ultimate hydration ski pack
New by Camelbak this year, the Pit Boss Hydration Pack holds 100 ounces of water in addition to all the gear you need for a day in the backcountry. The Pit Boss includes carrying straps to secure your snowboard vertically or skis diagonally that also double as compression straps.
The pack is engineered with CamelBak’s tri-zip build so that you can access the bag’s contents from the top or side even when skis or snowboard is attached. You can unzip all three zippers for fast and easy loading of the pack.
With 1,800 cubic inches of space, the Pit Boss features a front pocket for easy access to a shovel or climbing skins, a fleece-lined pocket to keep your ski goggles scratch free, a waist belt with camera pocket, and plenty of internal pockets to organize all your backcountry safety essentials. The pack also features a ski helmet carry loop where you can easily stash your helmet while hiking.
Camelbak is the original creator of the hydration pack so they’re hydration systems are usually cutting edge. Featuring the burst-resistant OMEGA reservoir with an extra large opening, the Pit Boss is easy to fill and to clean. The HydroGuard technology prevents the growth of bacteria in the reservoir and the tube during use, yet you still need to wash the reservoir after each use to prevent illness.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find on:
Why they rock:
- The Pit Boss carries skis diagonally or a snowboard vertically
- Special tri-zipper design offers access to gear without having to remove your skis or board; zipper also opens pack along the side to provide wide-open access to contents
- Main compartment holds backcountry must-haves as well as the small extras that keep you comfortable all day
- Internal pockets organize backcountry cargo; pack easily carries probe, avalanche assessment equipment and other essentials
- Padded waistbelt with convenience pocket supports a heavy load; harness optimizes fit and stability while you ski
- Therminator™ harness features a pocket that’s meant to store a hand warmer and prevent tube freeze-up; harness makes it easier to get to your mouthpiece
- The CamelBak Pit Boss hydration ski pack features a helmet carry loop that makes it easy to stash your helmet while hiking
- Burst-resistant OMEGA® reservoir has an extra-large opening for easy filling and cleaning
- HydroGuard™ technology inhibits bacterial growth on reservoir and tube surfaces (but does not protect user from disease organisms; please wash reservoir after each use)
- Delivery tube and bite valve run through the right shoulder strap to protect from freezing
- Big Bite™ valve features a handy on/off switch
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Camelbak Pit Boss isn’t as technical or sleek as some of the other ski backpacks, but for those wanting the Camelbak quality hydration system, this pack is worth checking out. The Camelbak SnoBlast Hyrdation pack is also great option for resort skiing.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one:
>>Check out other great ski and snowboard backpacks