Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack
Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack – Superlight multiday backpack.
No one wants a heavy backpack, especially on long, multiday backpacking trips. Aside from the obvious weight issue, heavy packs are uncomfortable and tend to prevent your body from breathing. This results in hot, sweaty, packs that no one wants to carry. The Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack on the other hand, prevents all of the above. The pack is super light weight even when packed to the brim, has an excellent back panel to comfort and to promote breathability.
The suspension on the Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack is really what makes this pack awesome. On the suspension you will find a special hollow foam. This unique foam creates a pumping effect that pumps hot air out, which also works to pull cool air in. Its almost like you have a manual air conditioning built into your backpack. This is something every backpack maker should think about.
If the cool suspension features of the Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack were not enough to sell you on how cool and comfortable the pack is, maybe the shoulder straps will. The packs shoulder straps are contured for a super comfortable fit and feature 3D mesh lining to help promote breathability.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Vari-Quick harness adjustment system lets you dial in the best fit quickly and easily
- Deuter Aircontact Lite suspension features a special hollow foam which creates a pump effect, forcing warm air out and drawing cooler air in
- Hollow-core aluminum X-frame offers torsional rigidity, flexibility for body movement and effective weight transfer
- Contoured, padded shoulder straps feature 3D air mesh lining for breathability and stabilizer straps for ideal positioning of pack
- Bi-laminate foam hipbelt uses a soft interior foam for comfort and a stiffer outer foam for weight transfer and lateral movement control
- Top-loading main compartment offers lots of room for your overnight gear; two side mesh pockets store your water bottles or snacks
- Adjustable lid has two pockets for quick access to gear such as map, headlamp, first-aid kit, sunscreen and multi-tool
- Extendable lid allows you to expand the collar, adding up to 600 cu. in. (10 liters) of storage space
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- Bottom compartment lets you stuff your sleeping bag or other light, bulky items directly into the pack; shares a zippered separator with the main bag
- Side compression straps let you cinch down loads for jostle-free carrying
- Dual ice axe loops and front elastic cord are ideal for securing gear to the front of the pack
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
For the price you pretty much can’t go wrong with the Deuter Aircontact Lite 65 + 10 Pack. Its less than $200 bucks, is super comfortable, lightweight, and extremely multi-functional. The design of the pack lets you carry a ton of gear, but still allows to stay comfortable and dry.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: