Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack
Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack – A true backcountry studio.
There are a lot of great camera backpacks out on the market these days. Many of them are filled with features; things like waterproof camera bags and camera backpacks designed to carry tons of equipment, just to name a few. the one thing that has always bothered me in this digital age, were that none of these camera backpacks offered room for a laptop. One would think that a digital photographer would want to be able to carry his laptop around with his camera equipment. Lucky for these types of photographers, there is the Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack.
The Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack really is a camera studio in a backpack. The bag has room for everything from tripods, to your laptop, to all the on location equipment you could need. Minus huge reflectors and lights, the Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack really can hold everything you need, making it perfect for nature photographers or pros who do a lot of on location photography.
One thing I really like is that the Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack has such a low profile design. So many of the other camera backpacks on the market are large and bulky. The Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack on the other hand offers plenty of room, but without all the bulk. This slim design make sthe bag easier and more comfortable to carry as well.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Access to main bag compartment through full zip back panel when pack is not being worn, providing enhanced security
- Back panel access allows bag to be placed “front down” on location and in turn keeps the shoulder straps and backpad (and wearer) clean
- Padded laptop computer insert fits most 15-inch laptops and removes easily via hook-and-loop attachment; can be used in a pinch as a padded seat
- Computer insert also features six-pocket organizer panel for managing small computer accessories
- Main compartment features removable, padded camera compartment with mesh zip cover; includes 11 configurable dividers and 3 elastic straps
- Camera compartment is lined with soft brushed nylon to protect photo gear from scratches; compartment affixes inside bag via hook-and-loop panels
- Convertible configuration allows carrying of photo and computer gear, computer and cargo, or cargo only
- Two external covered-zip slash pockets with expanding gussets on either side of bag for accessories; center tripod/monopod attachment strap
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
As of now, I can not think of one bad thing to say about the Crumpler Whickey and Cox Camera Pack. My only suggestion would to include some sort of built in rain fly, but the lack of one is no major drawback. Im just happy to finally see a camera backpack that includes room for a laptop.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: