Big Agnes Roxy Ann +15 Sleeping Bag
Big Agnes Roxy Ann +15 Sleeping Bag – Women’s Petite
If you can not take your bed camping with you, might as well take the next best thing; the Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bag. This bag is specially made for all the “vertically challenged” backpacking ladies, and I dont mean the ones who cant climb. If you are a short female, you know how hard it can be to find comfortable and good fitting gear. The Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bag is a three season bag designed for the female backpacker under 5’8.
One of the really nice selling point on the Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bag aside from its short length, is how roomy it is. The Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bag provides plenty of sleeping space; much more than a mummy bag. There is actually enough room inside the bag to actually roll over and not have to roll the bag with you.
Amazingly enough, all this space doesn’t result in a heavy or bulky bag. The Big Agnes Roxy Ann Sleeping Bag easily packs up into a small stuff sack. There are also plenty of cool Big Agnes features like a pillow pocket and a sleeve for your sleeping pad.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Underside insulation has been eliminated and replaced with a sleeve for a Big Agnes 66 x 20 inch pad (or any 66 x 20 inch pad), sold separately
- Super-light, 15° F modified mummy design features 650-fill goose down insulation–perfect for cool, dry climates
- Continuous oversize draft wedge insulates the connection between the bag and pad to prevent cold air from entering
- Designed for women, with a narrow cut at the shoulders, more width at the hips and extra insulation in the footbox and torso where it’s needed most
- Stuff a jacket or a backcountry pillow inside the built-in pillow sleeve and it stays in place all night long
- Contoured, down-filled collar at the top of the bag seals around the neck to prevent warm air from escaping and cold air from entering
- Ripstop nylon shell with a DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish sheds water; soft, breathable nylon lining
- Two-way, full-length, locking zipper with big, easy-to-grab zipper pull
- Large draft tube located behind the zipper prevents warm air from escaping and cold air from entering
- Fabric stiffeners on both sides of the zipper prevent the zipper from snagging
- Bag will zip to another bag with opposite zipper configuration in the Classic Series
- Includes a nylon stuff sack and a large storage bag
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The Big Agnes sleeping bags are some of my favorite. Im not short or a female, but if I was; this would be the bag I would use. The Big Agnes Roxy Ann +15 Sleeping Bag is designed for a shorter stature, has plenty of room, and tons of comfortable features; whats not to love about it?
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: