Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack
Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack – A winter daypack.
It isn’t that often that you find a daypack that is made especially for winter hiking. Turns out, the Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack is made just for such activities. Its unique design not only offers plenty of room for the essentials, but also sports some cool snow shedding capability. Sounds like a good feature to have in a winter daypack, right?
Looking at the Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack you wouldn’t think it had room for all of your winter backcountry essentials. But, bealive it or not, there is room for just about everything you need to enjoy a winter day hike or ski trip. There is a simple strap system that can easily hold your skis or snowboard.
After you get a chance to wear the Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack, you will notice that there has been some extra special attention paid to the comfort of this pack. The back panel and shoulder straps have been made from thermo formed foam to help follow the bodies natural shape. The framesheet has also been designed to help protect you back from hard edges and pointy objects in your pack.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Panel opening allows full access into the main compartment and the security pocket inside
- High visibility lining brightens pack’s interior, so finding gear inside is easy
- Simplified Wrap System carries skis or snowboard on back
- Removable webbing waistbelt helps distribute load evenly
- Front pocket keeps oft-used items for quick and easy access
- Thermo-formed foam back panel and laminated shoulder straps follow the body’s curves, enhancing comfort
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube clip for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) framesheet curves to fit the shape of your back and protects it from bulky, pointy loads
- Rounding out the features, pack includes a top handle, front haul loop and an adjustable sternum strap
- Constructed from Ripstorm nylon for abrasion resistance; Hypalon trim and nylon reinforcements enhance durability
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
The Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack is a great day pack for winter activities. It may not be as technical as other skiing and snowboarding backpacks, but that’s not the point of the Arc’Teryx Silo 18 Pack. This pack is designed to be a general winter daypack that can handle a variety of activities.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: