Yakima Sky Box Pro 12 Roof Box – ultimate gear carrying cargo box
Need a ski rack for you car? Why not choose the ultimate gear-hauling roof top box â€“ the Yakima Sky Box Pro. With a new aerodynamic design that reduces wind drag and a sleek silver design, the Yakima Sky Box Pro turns your car into a styling, gear-carrying vehicle.
The Yakima Sky Box Pro 12 is long and slim to accommodate skis, snowboards, and poles, yet leaves room on your rack system for a bike rack or other toys. With 12 cubic feet of space, you can also toss your boots, helmets, and other ski gear up there as well. Need even more space? Go bigger with the Skybox Pro 18 or Skybox Pro 21.
Unlike the older Yakima boxes, the Sky Box Pro series is a breeze to close and dual side opening lets you open the box from both the right and left side. SuperLatch Security ensures that the box is closed tightly so you donâ€™t have a horrible gear mishap on the highway â€“ Iâ€™ve seen it happen. A gear net and cargo pad are included to help secure your gear during transport.
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
Why they rock:
- Spiffy silver pro series finish
- New lid is 50% stiffer than previous boxes, for easier handling
- New lid shape is easier to grab onto, even if you have particularly clumsy meathooks
- Super Latch Security ensures your lid is secure to its base, and your stuff is safe
- Quick-installation mounting hardware fits car rack systems with round, square and most factory crossbars
- New aerodynamic shape reduces wind drag
- Fits crossbar spreads as short as 24â€
- Includes gear-management net and cargo pad to secure and protect gear
- SKS locks included standard
- Opens on either side so you donâ€™t have to run laps around your vehicle
- 12 cubic feet (92â€ x 24â€ x 15â€)
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
A cargo box offers a bit more protection for your skis than a hitch ski rack or rooftop ski rack, plus you can fit your poles, boots, and other ski gear in the box as well. Cargo boxes can be pretty expensive, but they are cheaper than a new car with more cargo room. They are a great option if you need a bit more room to haul camping and climbing gear the rest of the year.
Don’t know how to choose the best ski or snowboard rack?Â Check out our guide on how to choose the best ski rack.