Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots
Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots – The perfect blend of old and new.
Picking the right pair of hiking shoes is no easy task. This feat is only made more difficult by the fact that there are so many to choose from. Many novice hikers have and idea of what they want in a good pair of hiking boots, but can quickly become overwhelmed by technical features and fabrics. The Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots my sound like a long and fancy name, but when it is all said and done, these hiking boots offer up just the right amount of traction, comfort, and support for a wide variety of trips and terrain.
Two features that many recreation backpackers and outdoor enthusiasts should look for in a pair of hiking boots is protection from the elements and breathability. These features are pretty common in must hiking boots these days, but it never hurts to double check. The Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots of course have both of these features. The outside of the Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots are constructed with an ample amount of nylon mesh. This not only helps make the boots that much more breathable, but it also helps make them lighter.
If you are worried that all that nylon mesh on the outside will let in water, don’t be. The Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots feature a waterproof liner inside of the boots. This Gore-Tex fabric works to keep water from entering into the boot, but also allows air inside the boot to work its way out via the nylon mesh panels on the outside of the boot. The lining inside of the Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots is also moisture wicking to help keep your feet dry.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Synthetic nubuck leather uppers with Airmesh nylon panels keep boots light and highly breathable in warm temperatures
- Extra-breathable Gore-Tex XCR liners are seam sealed to stop water leakage while allowing warm moisture vapor to escape
- Wicking nylon linings absorb excess moisture and disperse it for fast drying
- Gusseted, padded tongues keep out trail debris and relieve pressure from lacing across instep
- Padded collars add comfort around ankles; heel loops offer easy entry
- Removable DryTech footbeds are anatomically shaped for comfort and feature wicking topsheets for moisture management underfoot
- Shock-absorbent and lightweight Phylon midsoles soak up the bumps and provide all-day comfort on the trail
- Thermoplastic urethane midsole plate adds rigidity for support and control on uneven surfaces
- Long-lasting Vibram Contact outsoles deliver solid traction and confident braking on all types of surfaces
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
I might not suggest the Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots for serious long distance hikes like a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. But, for week long jaunts into the backcountry or just some simple day hikes; the Vasque Breeze LT Mid Gore-Tex Hiking Boots should perform like a champ.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: