Travel Gear & Photography Forum Threads for the week of December 4, 2006
- Packing can be an ordeal, regardless of how long or short the trip is. When you’re trying to pack for a year-long trip like Kathsmee is, where she’ll be in all kinds of climate conditions, it’s even more of a challenge. She’s looking for packing advice – can you offer some?
- This is an older thread, and still a really interesting one – Marisa asks, “Have you made your own gear?” Share your patterns, resources and ideas here. Get crafty, people!
- Orangelad wants to know if anyone’s used a GPS device to tag their travel photos. Is it indispensible for when you’re reviewing your pictures months later and can’t remember where the heck you were, or is it just another thing to carry?
- Sean McHugh, after years of travel experience and countless revisions, has written up his list of “what to pack.” It’s good for a 10-week trip, and Sean says that if something’s on the list, you’ll need it – if it’s not, you won’t. What do you think of Sean’s list?
- When hunting for the perfect backpack, everyone is going to have their list of what it must have. LolaVT312 is looking for recommendations of backpacks that have stacked compartments. Does your favorite pack fit her criteria?
- Brendens presents a true or false question – “When checking a big hiking bag with lots of straps, do I need to have a large bag to put it in so the straps are out of the way?” Well, what’s your experience?
Please contribute your thoughts and comments to these threads! And if you’re not already a member, sign-up here – it’s free!