Topeak Alien II 26-Function Bicycle Tool
Topeak Alien II 26-Function Bicycle Tool – the ultimate cycling multi-tool
With 26 high-quality steel tools, the Topeak Alien is the mother of all cycling multi-tools. All 26 tools are housed in a break-apart body and fold up easily to store in a compact case.
Whether you are commuting to work, hitting the trails, or cycling across Europe, the Topeak Alien has almost everything you need to fix your bike on the go. The tool includes eight different sized Allen wrenches, six box wrenches, Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, and a mini pedal wrench. There is also at T24 Torx bit for disc brake bolts, a universal chain tool, two tire levels, spoke wrenches, a stainless-steel knife, and most importantly a bottle opener for that post-ride brew.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can find one:
Why they rock:
- 26 total tools fold easily into plastic case for compact storage
- Tools include 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8mm Allen wrenches, 8, 9 and 10mm box wrenches, Phillips and flathead screwdrivers, and a mini pedal wrench
- Also features T25 Torx bit, chain tool, spoke wrenches for 14g and 15g, two tire levers, stainless-steel knife and a bottle opener
- Only 270g / 0.60 lb – light and compact enough to fit in your pocket
- Comes with a nylon carrying case and belt clip
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
A multifuncitonal bike tool is a necessity for any type of bike travel. I’ll admit it has taken me a couple of roadside stranded experiences to realize this fact, but I’ll never be caught without the Topeak Alien. You can easily access any of the Alien’s 26 tools while on the road to make minor adjustments or do some serious emergency repairs. Personally the bottle opener has been most useful to me, but it is nice to travel knowing you have all the tools to fix whatever mishaps the road can bring. Plus it makes an excellent gift and stores nicely in the waterproof SealLine Urban Backpack.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: