Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboutit Mini Bicycle U-Lock
Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboutit Mini Bicycle U-Lock – serious theft protection for your bike
Cyclists needing serious protection will find solace in Kryptonite’s New York Fahgettaboutit U-Lock. With a ranking of 12 on the Kryptonite’s 1-12 scale of toughness, thieves will need a chainsaw to hack through this high-grade steel lock. The New York lock features a super duper steel shackle designed to resist bolt cutters and leverage assaults and has an extra steel sleeve over the cross bar for double the protection.
Weighing in at 4.6 pounds the New York U-Lock is no lightweight – this much security does come with the added weight. But at only 3.25 x 6 inches, this U-lock is rather short and easy enough to stow in your pocket or cycling pack. The lock only protects the frame so it is recommended to use an additional security cable to lock your tires.
Kryptonite is guaranteed to ward off evildoers so the lock comes with anti-theft protection (up to $4500 US). If you want serious theft protection for your bike this is your lock.
Where you can find one:
The quick & dirty:
Why they rock:
- Super tough bicycle lock designed to ward off thieves
- Offers highest security ranking of all Kryptonite locks
- 18mm hardened MAX-Performance steel shackle resists bolt cutters and leverage attacks
- Oversized hardened steel sleeve over crossbar for double security
- Double deadbolt locking for extensive holding power
- High security disc-style cylinder
- Protective vinyl coating and sliding dustcover protects and extends cylinder life
- 3 keys – one lighted with high intensity bulb & replaceable battery
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
Yes I am still totally bitter about getting my Specialized Rock Hopper pilfered from my backyard a few years back. If only I had had some Kryptonite rather than an easily snipable cable lock I would still have that fabulous bike.
The Kryptonite New York is built to outwit the most skilled criminals so if you don’t plan on leaving your bike in high crime areas you may be just as well off with a lighter, less expensive version of the same lock like the Kryptonite Kryptolok.
Looking to buy? Here’s where you can get one: