The North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack
The North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack – A simple and lightweight hydration pack.
Hydration packs have come a long way since their inception. The North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack is a prime example of this evolution of hydration packs. On the North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack you will find plenty of room for water, your gear, and just about an extras you may need to bring along.
Talk about carrying water, the North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack features a 3-liter Nalgene CXC reservoir. This huge reservoir system an anti-micro bacterial treatment to help prevent the build up of hazardous bacteria. To make sure the reservoir system is easy to use and doesn’t get in your way, there is a articulating bite valve and magnetic retainer and on/off switch.
Inside and outside of the North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack you will find plenty of room for anything you could need for a day hike to adventure race. on the front of the North Face Megamouth Hydration Pack there is a adjustable “pod” pocket. This adjustable pocket is the perfect spot to toss a helmet, fleece jacket, or other bulky gear.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Highly breathable, molded E-VAP perforated-foam backpanel eliminates excess weight and circulates air through airflow channels
- Innovative feature directs hydration sip tube out through either shoulder strap with a magnetic retainer on hose and strap to keep tube close by
- Panel-loading main compartment opens wide for packing and unpacking, and makes it easy to locate gear
- Front “pod” pocket stretches open wide enough to stash a helmet or jacket
- Front zippered pocket and middle zippered organizer pocket keep the essentials such as sunglasses, sunblock, keys, wallet and more easily accessible
- Features an insulated reservoir pocket that maintains temperature of liquids, whether hot or cold
- Sternum strap features an integrated Safe-T whistle
- Reflective accents increase your visibility in low-light conditions
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
The North Face Tadpole 23 Tent is super light, at four and a half pounds. When you split the up the tent’s components between two backpackers, it becomes virtually weightless.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites:
Where you can get one:
We also have a really good list pf the top hydration packs.