The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack
The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack – A Pack that Moves With You.
If you are the type of backpacker who tends to stay to the more moderate trails and rarely finds them self on extreme trails or off the beaten path, then there are plenty of other great packs out there for you. But, if you find yourself of the trail more than you are actually on it, then the The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack might be perfect for you. This pack uses leading technology that helps make it one of the most comfortable packs ever for extremely technical trails, hikes, and scrambling.
What makes the The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack really unique is the frame suspension it sports. Rather than use the basic suspension system that many backpacks use, the The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack sports a unique X-Radial suspension system. The x shaped aluminum frame allows the pack to move better and more naturally with your body. This x shaped frame allows for more twisting so that the pack can move with you in a variety of activities. The pack is also design to shift the load of the pack as it moves to ensure that you get the most comfortable fit no matter what terrain you are up against.
The X-Radial suspension system isn’t the only thing that makes the The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack special. This pack also sports a lot of other cool features. For example, the pack features a large outter pocket that stretches to fit things like jackets, helmets, rope, or other large gear that you don’t want in your backpack. There is also a smaller zippered pocket on this stretch pocket for things like maps and other items you want to have close at hand.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- X Radial suspension uses a tubular X-shaped aluminum frame that pivots, mimicking the body’s natural twisting and bending movements
- Moving with you to distribute the load is the unique, dual-pivot hipbelt featuring a 3-point closure that cinches with a natural forward pulling motion
- Highly breathable molded E-VAP foam backpanel with bonded mesh reduces weight and circulates air through air channels
- Contoured shoulder harness and lumbar panel feature E-VAP perforated foam to reduce weight and circulate air through air channels
- Top-loading pack has a removable top pocket that converts to a large lumbar pack with its own hipbelt; zipper is weather resistant
- Large front stretch drop pocket with a secondary zip pocket can secure your jacket and maps
- Stretch-woven side pockets can hold your water bottles, snacks and often-accessed essentials
- Bottom zippered compartment with a trampoline divider separates gear from sleeping bag
- Pack features a daisy chain and multiple lash points for attaching gear externally
- Anatomic cranial cavity at the top of pack gives your head freedom of movement—no more staring at the ground!
- Dual side compression straps and bottom compression straps cinch down the load for jostle-free carrying
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket and drink tube exit port for on-the-go hydration (reservoir sold separately)
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
As I said before, if you just backpack from time to time on your average trail, there are plenty of other great packs out there for you to choose from. but, if you are constantly scrambling across rock gardens or scurrying down mountain sides, then you should get a pack like the The North Face El Lobo 65 Pack that is designed to handle that kind of movement.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: