The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag
The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag – A womens sleeping bag.
Earlier this week when I reviewed the Eagle Creek Maiden Voyage Travel Pack, I mentioned how important it was for women to have gear that was made especially for them. Gear that is tailored to fit a womens body will make a world of difference when it comes to being comfortable in the backcountry or while traveling. The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag is anther woman specific piece of gear I thought I would share with you.
It makes sense that a backpack can be made specifically to fit a womens body, but how can you do that with a sleeping bag? According to The North Face, the Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag is cut specifically to mimic a womens shape. Does that translate to short? Im not sure.
They go on to explain that The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag has extra insulation in the hood and foot area where women find they need it most. Maybe I am crazy, but don’t guys find they need extra insulation in the hood and foot area as well?
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Cut to mimic a woman’s shape, sleeping bag also provides extra insulation in the hood and foot area where women often find they need it most
- Climashield Prism is warm, light and compressible
- Top shell features extremely lightweight, wind- and water-resistant Firestorm; taffeta bottom shell defends against grit/abrasion
- Forehead comfort tube, insulated chest-level Heat Trap baffle and oversized draft tube backing the snag-free zipper minimize heat loss
- Chest-level pocket keeps watch, glasses and other necessities within easy reach
- Vaulted footbox offers ergonomic comfort
- Hood features one-hand, color-coded drawcords; glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls make adjustments easy at night
- Compression stuff sack and nylon/mesh storage bag included
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
At first I was excited to bring the ladies another piece of women specific gear. After reading a little bit more about The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag though, I think its more of a marketing ploy than something that can really be useful to women. That said, the The North Face Cat’s Meow +20 Sleeping Bag is nice fore ladies because of the shorter cut.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: