Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag
Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag – One heck of a sleeping bag.
I don’t really do that much extreme cold weather camping and backpacking, so I couldn’t believe that sleeping bags could break the $600 mark. When I heard there were sleeping bags that cost over half a bill, I had to check them out. Upon looking through these mini investments, I came across one that really caught my eye, the Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag.
Yes, I’ll admit the unique pattern design on the Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag is what first caught my eye. Aside from the design, the Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag is said to be tested and approved by Sherpas on Everest. If that isn’t the best endorsement you can get for a cold weather sleeping bag, I don’t know what is.
So what makes the Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag so special and worth a few weeks of pay? Theres actually a number of well thought out ideas and technologies going on in this bag. The Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag has a 3D design and center zipper. This design offers enhanced mobility and the center zipper allows you to use your hands without losing heat.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- High-quality 800-fill-power European goose down is warm, compressible and won’t weigh you down
- Lightweight ripstop shell and liner fabric cuts weight and volume
- 3D design delivers enhanced mobility and comfort
- Strategically placed center zipper lets you use your hands without losing precious heat
- Trapezoidal baffle construction keeps insulation properly positioned, preventing cold spots
- Soft tricot shoulder baffle offers unsurpassed comfort
- Internal draft tube around the waistline provides additional protection from cold air
- Ergonomically cut hood cinches down with a single-handed drawcord for ease of use and features a handy pillow pocket
- Zipper is backed by a full length baffle; 2 in. wide oxford nylon zipper track helps prevent snags
- Utility pocket placed at head level keeps small items with reach
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
I have to say, after doing some lengthy research on the Sherpa Adventure Gear Tenzing -40 Sleeping Bag, I’m pretty impressed. I can start to see where that heavy price tag comes from. If I were a cold weather camper and had the money to spare, I’d seriously look into investing in this bag.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: