Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack
Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack – Go green when in the wild.
Who says this whole eco-friendly movement and going green has to be limited to hybrid cars and energy efficient dryers? The boys and girls over at Mountainsmith have introduced a new waistpack that is made from recycled materials. This eco-friendly day pack is creatively named as the Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack.
Mountainsmith has been making great waistpacks for a while and the Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack is no exception. The waistpack is made out of polyester fabric that is made from recycled plastic soda bottles. Have no fear though, the material is just as strong and durable as its less eco-friendly counterparts.
The Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack can easily be converted from a waistpack to shoulder bag depending on your mood and terrain. The Patented Delta Compression System of triangulated straps on the packs waistbelt, will help to compress the weight onto your lumbar area. This gives you a more stable and evenly distributed load.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Use of recycled PET polyester, sourced from old soda bottles, saves millions of barrels of oil consumption and tons of air emissions yearly
- Top-loading main compartment, exterior zippered pocket and small interior pocket organize gear while side pockets keep water bottles handy
- Webbing loops and lash points let you attach accessories to the pack—or strap it to a full-size Mountainsmith backpack
- Features padded and removable shoulder strap and bungee cord for securing extra gear and dual compression straps for stabilizing the load
- Hipbelt tucks away for convenient carrying
- Extra-large webbing zipper pulls can be opened easily, even when wearing mittens
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 9 out of 10
I have to admit, I was never really a big fan of waistpacks and lumbar packs, but after trying a few out they are starting to grow on me. The Mountainsmith Recycled Day Waistpack has all the features you could need in a waistpack for day hikes. It also has just about everything you would need in a messenger bag.
Looking to buy? Check out these sites: