REI Mountain 2 Person Tent
REI Mountain 2 Person Tent – Extremely livable mountaineering tent.
Its pretty easy to find a mountaineering tent that has loads of weather protection. After all, that is one of the main things that separates mountaineering tents from other types of tents. What is hard to find in mountaineering tents is creature comforts. For whatever reason, many mountaineering tent manufacturers seem to think that protection from the elements equals comfort. While that is certainly part of the comfort equation, that is only half of it. The other half of it is finding ways to make tent life more comfortable. This is something the REI Mountain 2 Person Tent has managed to do quite well.
When it comes to mountaineering tents, there is a good chance that you will probably spend a lot more time inside of the tent than outside of it. because of this, it is important to make the inside of the tent as livable as possible. This is especially true when it comes to smaller two person mountaineering tents where space is at a premium. The REI Mountain 2 Person Tent features a lot of small things that make a big difference when it comes to how comfortable the inside of the tent is.
Some of these features include things like a large number of pockets and gear loops. These hanging loops and gear pockets can do wonders for keeping the inside of your tent clean and organized, by keeping all of your essentials and smaller items in easy to reach places. The REI Mountain 2 Person Tent also features a decent sized vestibule to keep some of your gear outside of the tent, but still protected from the elements. To make sure you stay comfortable temperature wise, there a couple of airflow vents that you can operate from inside the tent as you see fit.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- Efficient, livable design gives generous usable space, featuring a semi-rectangular floor plan
- Hub-pole construction adds structural integrity and makes setup easy
- You’ll have quick, convenient and sheltered access through two doors and one large vestibule
- Dual weatherproof AirLift vents increase tent’s strength in high winds and prevent condensation by allowing airflow; can be controlled from inside tent
- Insider Floor seams are engineered to create a clean, taut pitch; factory seam-taping ensures a waterproof seal
- Leak-proof rainfly construction ensures that water won’t sneak through susceptible areas such as guyout points and zippers
- Innovative snowflaps keep wind and snow out of vestibule while providing an extended floor
- Welded TPU zipper flaps ensure smooth zipper operation with no annoying fabric snags
- Stay organized with multiple interior storage options thanks to four mesh side pockets and hang loops located throughout
- Strong, reliable DAC aluminum poles; REI-exclusive Strong Arm clips at each pole intersection strengthen pole structure and allow swift setup
- Watertight welded vestibule window brings light inside and lets you view conditions outside
- Color-coded rainfly corners allow easy orientation of rainfly on tent for easy setup
- Attention to detail shows in the reflective guyout points and zipper pulls
- Comes with guylines and tighteners, stakes, pole and stake bags, and tapered, easy-to-use compression stuff sack
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 10 out of 10
If you ask me, the REI Mountain 2 Person Tent gives buyer the most bang for their buck when it comes to mountaineering tents. The REI Mountain 2 Person Tent is very comparable to a number of other mountaineering tents, but costs several hundred dollars less. on top of that, it has a lot more creature comforts than many of the other mountaineering tents out there.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: