REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent
REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent – Roomy and organized family tent.
Car camping allows you a lot of privileges that other means of camping don’t. One such privilege is the ability to bring along a big tent. This is great for families, as there are few things that could turn a family camp out South as being cramped into a small tent. The REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent offer you more than just a big tent with a lot of floor space. This big guy offers you multiple rooms, dual entry, and a ton of head space to boot.
REI knows that a big family tent like this can easily become cluttered with clothes, shoes, flashlights, socks, etc; making it hard to find the important things when you need them. It is for this reason that there are a variety of hanging pockets and other organizational tools throughout the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent. In addition to the pockets, there are also a number of hanging loops as well to help keep things organized and easy to find.
The REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent is great for summer camping in warm weather. The better part of the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent is made up of mesh witch allows for ample ventilation. It also nice a night, as it allows the little ones a chance to sleep out under the stars, but be free from bugs and creatures of the night. Should the weather turn South, the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent also features a large rain fly with a built in vestibule that covers one entrance to the tent.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- A zip-open divider wall with hanging pockets separates the Kingdom into 2 separate rooms; rectangular floor plan provides comfortable end-to-end symmetry
- End doors offer private access to each room; a roomy, pull-out vestibule covers 1 door and the other features a weather-protective awning
- Freestanding design with 2 hubbed pole assemblies and pole clips provide a no-muss, no-fuss setup
- Generous mesh paneling and doors aid air circulation and minimize condensation
- Rainfly sides roll up or roll back and secure open over the mesh sidewalls for ventilation and views
- UV-resistant polyester rainfly will not stretch or expand when wet, ensuring a consistently taut pitch; weatherproof doors keep the weather out
- Large oval door and 3 windows have mesh for ventilation and an inside zip-up cover for privacy and weather protection; door tucks away into adjacent pocket
- Abundant interior mesh pockets keep your tent organized and small items close at hand; hang loops located throughout tent
- Convenient backpack-style carry bag organizes tent components, and has extra space to store the footprint; footprint sold separately
- Includes 8 stakes, 6 guylines with tighteners and pole repair tube
- Additional pole-supported vestibule is available and sold separately
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
While the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent is large, don’t let its appearance fool you. The REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent is actually only a four person tent. This is fine for small families, dont get me wrong. Its just that to some, the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent gives off the appearance of being one of those more traditional family camping tents that can sleep six to eight people. That said, the REI Kingdom 4 Family Tent is great for the average family who wants a tent with plenty of room to stretch out in.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: