Osprey Argon 110 Backpack
Osprey Argon 110 Pack – A supersized Osprey Argon.
Anyone can make a large backpack with plenty of room for expedition style hikes. The trick is finding a large backpack that can make carrying all that gear seem lighter than it is. Unfortunately, that is a lot easier said then done. Lucky for us, the designers at Osprey are pack design geniuses. They have created a large version of the Osprey Argon, the Osprey Argon 110 Pack, that has plenty of room for gear, but also an amazing suspension system.
There are a huge number of things going on in the Osprey Argon 110 Backpack to help make it as comfortable as possible, no matter how heavy your pack load is. To make sure the pack doesn’t overheat you, the Osprey Argon 110 Backpack features a well ventilated AirScape backpanel. The Osprey Argon 110 Backpack also uses a special BioForm hip belt that helps create a custom fit and reduces pressure on your hips.
Lets talk about the shoulder though. After all, that’s where a lot of the pain can come from in a heavy pack. We have already touched on how great the hip belt is, which certainly helps displace the load a lot. One cool feature of the Osprey Argon 110 Backpack is how the load lifter straps work in conjunction with the ReCurve rods and framesheet. The result is a pack that fits snugly against your back where it should be.
The quick & dirty:
Where you can get one:
Why they rock:
- AirScape backpanel features three sections of ridged foam and a central air chimney for increased ventilation
- BioForm CM A/X hipbelt has heat-moldable laminated foam and internal seams providing a personalized fit while relieving hipbone pressure
- Osprey’s certified Custom Molding available in most stores—check your local REI store for a custom hipbelt molding oven
- Lightweight, removable sil nylon AquaSource hydration sleeve converts to a hydration pack for day-tripping (reservoir sold separately)
- Removable top lid has one compartment with a waterproof zipper and lash-on points; converts to a lumbar pack with AirScape lumbar pad
- ReCurve suspension—with an HDPE framesheet, two aluminum stays and dual aluminum rods—optimizes fit and load transfer
- Running down the sidewall, ReCurve aluminum rods create a pretensioned lift mechanism, actively transferring load to your hips and resisting sag
- Load-lifter straps act with ReCurve rods and framesheet to draw load snug against your back for increased control and stability
- Gender specific, the interchangeable, laminated dual-density shoulder straps adjust easily to fit a man’s shoulder and chest contours
- You have complete access to the main compartment with top-loading and zippered side-access design
Seat-of-the-pants rating: 8 out of 10
A really cool feature of all the Osprey Argon 110 Backpacks is that you can take them to any REI store and get them custom fitted to your body. Most REIs are certified Osprey Molders and can mold your hip belt to fit your perfectly. This is just another way the Osprey Argon 110 Backpack can help make those heavy loads seem super light.
Looking to Buy? Check out these sites: